Rib Eyes on the grill for breakfast!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

Marinated some thick cut Rib Eyes last nite for consumption today. Woke up this morning & could not get them off my mind. On the grill they went ASAP. Anyone else have a specific time they try to follow for grilling? I sure dont & luv to grill all year round.

Dale

Ain't nuthin' like grillin' in the snow on the deck. Throw in some eggs your style, fried potato's, biscuits & gravy, Huge glass of sweet tea and your all set. Nap time shortly there after!!! Enjoy!!!

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Steak and eggs. If I were to be hung, this would be my last meal.

10-4 … I strayed a bit last night and made some big T-bones … glad they were half the price of Ribeye since they were half as good … Did have a decent prime rib the day before in town (Texas Roadhouse) …
Time to give heavy meat a little rest … bloodwork next week …

I grill year round.I use a rectangular charcoal grill, 100 degrees plus or -10 makes no difference to me. Though I rarely grill before noon. Got a gas grill as a gift a few years back but I prefer using a chimney starter and regular charcoal. In the summer I grill about every week and in the winter about twice per month.

I use the brazier (aka grill) year 'round.

I have a personal "snake bit" reaction to rib eye steaks. I buy eye round roasts and cut 'em as needed.

I bought a few rib eyes from a good store a while back and they tasted like every waste chemical the poor cow's system should've carried off to either its bladder or bowels. "Twas genuinely revolting.
I will never buy another rib eye again.

Like gadgets in cars, some people are entranced by some meats. I eat meat. I ain't no slave to steak.

Originally Posted By: BJD78
I grill year round.I use a rectangular charcoal grill, 100 degrees plus or -10 makes no difference to me. Though I rarely grill before noon. Got a gas grill as a gift a few years back but I prefer using a chimney starter and regular charcoal. In the summer I grill about every week and in the winter about twice per month.

Same here ... wooden have it any other way😎
Even gave a nice gas grill away and put an actual gas stove in it’s place
(Outdoor kitchen) ...

Steak and eggs,
thumbsup2.gif

Funny you mention it, I bought a big Sirloin steak friday after work and we had it for breakfast on saturday. I was going skiing with the kids so I wasn't going to have lunch or supper at home, so I cooked it up with hashbrowns and mushrooms.

I've grilled outside even colder than -20. My T-Fal Optigrill means I don't have to any longer, considering my outdoor grill has about had it. Unfortunately, and this is another topic, most LPG type grills that are small enough to be appropriate for a single guy are built to last a couple years, tops.
wink.gif

It is never too early for steak . I am planning on having skirt steak tonight but need to buy some eggs to go with it after reading this thread .

I usually go 3-4 minutes each side on high heat then let it rest for about 5 minutes .

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 4WD
10-4 … I strayed a bit last night and made some big T-bones … glad they were half the price of Ribeye since they were half as good … Did have a decent prime rib the day before in town (Texas Roadhouse) …
Time to give heavy meat a little rest … bloodwork next week …

I like their Ribs a lot. Very tender and lean.

Eat a lot of apples before the bloodwork, as in two a day. Which will help reduce cholesterol and bp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back