Buying Oil From AMAZON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone here buy oil from AMAZON? With PRIME, is it delivered in 2 days? I noticed their prices are in line with WM's prices, some less, some more.
I like to use CASTROL MAGNATEC and see it's priced the same as WM. Also, the MC FL-400S is only $2.95 on AMAZON. The only thing I don't like is there are no individual qts. priced the same. They are A LOT more expensive than WM's prices.

Amazon doesn't beat other people price they usually only match them. I don't buy anything from Jeffy Bezos unless he beats the competition by at least a dollar.

I have on occasion, they've had a few good deals over the years and I took advantage of them.

Only thing that I ever had go missing or not delivered from Amazon was oil. I got my money back but no longer order oil from Amazon. Just oil filters and almost everything else I buy.

It is shipped within 2 days for Prime, not delivered in 2 days. I buy many things from Amazon, but my last order went to Cologne Germany and back, so it took about a week to get it. That was free UPS shipping too.

I have bought odd oils on Amazon, but not when the price is the same. Even though I work at UPS, but I'm not to the point
were I wanna buy every thing online. I do like getting out some.

I buy all sorts of things from Amazons website but rarely from Amazon themselves. Their free shipping without prime sucks (deliberately) and they charge sales tax.

Originally Posted By: TTK
It is shipped within 2 days for Prime, not delivered in 2 days.
That's not correct.

Prime free 2-day shipping means it is going to be delivered within 2 days of it leaving Amazon warehouse. It does not mean it will take Amazon 2 days to ship it out. For most items, if you place your order early enough during the day, it'll ship out the same day. For example, I am looking at that Magnatec oil right now. Amazon is telling me that if I place that order within the next 7 hours, they will guarantee it will be delivered by Feb 13, so 2 days from now.

40178242172_65b59c1465_o.png

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Does anyone here buy oil from AMAZON? With PRIME, is it delivered in 2 days?

At the time of checkout, they'll give you a "guaranteed delivery date", which should be 2 days from now. Take a screenshot of that page. If you don't receive your order by then, contact their customer services and they'll give you some sort of credit for missing that date.

Also of you get the amazon visa (Chase) you get 5% off evry purchase.

I usually wait for a rebate promotion and stock up on sy thetic at 10-12 / 5qt jug. Others can beat that but it is easy and i only have to do it every few years.

I buy oil filters (usually many different models at a time) from Rock Auto for usually less than $2 each.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Does anyone here buy oil from AMAZON? With PRIME, is it delivered in 2 days?

At the time of checkout, they'll give you a "guaranteed delivery date", which should be 2 days from now. Take a screenshot of that page. If you don't receive your order by then, contact their customer services and they'll give you some sort of credit for missing that date.

I believe they normally extend your prime account by a month if you don't get it in 2 days. I had it for a year when they ran a promo. Bought a bunch of stuff, usually little $10-$15 items that wouldn't make sense without the "free" shipping. It always came in 2 days so never had to call them.

I believe the other drawback with buying oil is that it might leak.

It is shipped within 2 days for Prime, not delivered in 2 days.
That's not correct.

Prime free 2-day shipping means it is going to be delivered within 2 days of it leaving Amazon warehouse. It does not mean it will take Amazon 2 days to ship it out. For most items, if you place your order early enough during the day, it'll ship out the same day. For example, I am looking at that Magnatec oil right now. Amazon is telling me that if I place that order within the next 7 hours, they will guarantee it will be delivered by Feb 13, so 2 days from now.

40178242172_65b59c1465_o.png

For the item you posted, yes. But, not all items. I am a Prime member and I do not get all items delivered within 2 days. The last items I ordered went to Cologne Germany( don't know why) then back to US through UPS. Took about a week to receive.

I hope this gives you a chuckle:

For a brief moment I thought "heating oil from Amazon???", then I clicked on the thread. It's the time of year when I have heating oil on my mind and we've been talking about it at work. I guess the day could come.

The last items I ordered went to Cologne Germany then back to US through UPS. Took about a week to receive.
And you think this was intentional and not a mistake? Mistakes happen from time to time.

biggest problem that I have had is leaking packages; at least three times. and one time they shipped a panel air filters in the same box as a 5qt bottle of oil. the air filter was mashed and mangled.

The last items I ordered went to Cologne Germany then back to US through UPS. Took about a week to receive.
And you think this was intentional and not a mistake? Mistakes happen from time to time.

Of course it was a mistake by UPS, I am not paranoid, so don't assume what "I think". But, I do not receive all orders within 2 days as a Prime member, and others I know don't receive all orders within 2 days. The "free 2 day shipping" means it will be shipped within 2 days, but some items will be delivered within 2 days.

I ordered a jug of Magnatec once and it arrived inside a plastic bag inside an appropriately-sized Amazon box. No drama whatsoever. I'll do so again.

Originally Posted By: Reggaemon
Just keep buying everything from Amazon until you realize that it has eliminated your job.

Amazon is great, what's not to like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back