Motus: A new American motorcycle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://motusmotorcycles.com/home

The local Indian dealer has started selling the Motus motorcycles to replace their Victory lineup. I had never heard of them until reading about them in a motorcycle magazine. Push rod V4, but kind of interesting...and pricey.

I see a fail here. 30+K!
smirk.gif

Originally Posted By: gman2304
Push rod V4, but kind of interesting...and pricey.

$30,000 - good luck

Well they got the specs and parts right. Not too keen on the fairing styling.

Orienting the V4 that way should make for easier valve adjustments.

I'm a fan of it, but I'm just not a motorcycle guy. The bike is a nice change of pace from the V-twin cruisers, and the I4 rice rockets.
The engine is sort of a scaled-down GM LS.
It uses LS valve lifters and rocker arms.
I do wonder about how durable the valve train is with max power occurring at 7700 rpm for the base engine, and 8400 rpm on the R engine.

I like the fact that theyre pretty well equipped form the factory with alot of nice goodies, but that seems like an extremely niche market, pus the 30k tag doesnt help. Maybe they could sell a base model to get people in the door and then let them choose the options to sell more.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
Well they got the specs and parts right. Not too keen on the fairing styling.

Orienting the V4 that way should make for easier valve adjustments.

No valve adjustments needed. (As it should be.)

Originally Posted By: Linctex

These guys seem to be looking ahead. They said the transmission is designed to handle much more torque than the V4, and when Jay asked them if they ever considered other engine configurations, one of the Motus guys said "just add a couple of cylinders and we'll have a V6."

Originally Posted By: Linctex

These guys seem to be looking ahead. They said the transmission is designed to handle much more torque than the V4, and when Jay asked them if they ever considered other engine configurations, one of the Motus guys said "just add a couple of cylinders and we'll have a V6." Heh heh, add 2 more cylinders to that and you have this; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_IronHorse.
Having seen one of these in person, the 4 banger is prolly a better machine

They have been around for a bit, which is a rarety among upstart boutique mororcycle manufacturers. I have seen them on the showroom floor, and find them to be quite beautiful. I put them in the "glad they exist, but have no personal use for them" category.

Saw one in Phoenix before they were _quite_ released for sale, a few years ago. Very nice-looking and nice-feeling bikes. I thought I had snagged a test ride, but the other guy there nixed all test rides. (-:

I was trying to figure out what market they're aiming this at?. Younger people aren't gonna buy a $30,000 toy, too sporty for older riders who want the storage and comfort of touring rigs. Middle aged married riders can buy a cheaper japanese bike, for the once in a while ride they can squeeze in between life and family time. Who's going to be selling them?, How many dealers are there? How about parts?. 30k is alot of green for a out of the shoot bike with no service network in place. Pretty plain jane looking to me, price is what will do them in.,,,

Pretty cool bike, regardless of the price. I can see why it's so expensive since they basically make many parts themselves (guys pouring molten aluminum into molds and in the back of the factory hammering apart engine block molds). I'd like to ride one, sounds like that engine is really strong and lots of torque.

There are a lot of guys on ADV that want one of these, and I think a couple that have them. Considering the pricing of the big tourers if you want a little more sport with your tour, this does not seem unreasonable...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back