Hyundai Tucson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't vouch for reliability , but i would test drive against several similar makes. We were looking seriously at them until we drove the sportage and the mazda. Maybe it was just the one we test drove, but it had a lot of body noise over bumps, creaking etc. We have been happy with our elantra, and might have bought a tucson until we drove the mazda cx-5, no comparison. Mazda drove better all around and was quieter. I would expect it to be reliable, and we have had no problems with service or warranty work on our elantra.

Last edited:
Used or new? If used, what year? If new, 2.0L or 1.6T?

It's too early to tell on the new ones, but the older ones have been pretty reliable as far as I can tell. My buddy has had one for a while now and it's been trouble-free. Haven't spoken to him in a couple of months, but last time I changed the oil in that car it had 132k miles.

I have never bought a brand new car and most vehicles I buy will have between 100K and 150K The Tuscon was the newest vehicle I have ever bought. Bought it used in early 2014 and it had just under 41K and got a great deal since the hail damage is pretty bad. I dont care about hail damage and drive it as is, never any reliability issues. Had a recall airbag on passenger side , but many vehicles have had Takota airbag recalls. Had to replace front wheel bearing once, but I think old bearing was just defective. I lost the key fob, but that was my fault and those are not cheap. Overall I like it a lot the only things I dislike is the seats which are a bit uncomfortable, so I fixed with a seat cushion and there are some blind spots in the back, but I am used to them now. Hyundais are overall quite reliable even with minimum maintenance and I fully expect to put at 250 to 300K on my 2010 Tuscon with no issues.

The only issues I’ve heard of on recent ones have to do with the 7 speed dual clutch transmission. The 2.0 with the 6 speed auto in the lower trims should be pretty solid though. Our local dealers have leftover 2017’s still with big discounts.

Last edited:
I had a 2012 for a while and it was decent. Did have a window pop off the track and the dealer just glued it back in. Fuel economy was decent with the 2.4L.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back