Coleman Go Kart at Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spotted this at Walmart this morning. It is $499 on Walmart website, meaning it's probably cheaper if ordered online and picked up in the store if in stock
one hour later. If I had kid(s), I'd buy it as I have a 200' driveway and 5 acres. I have a couple of young nieces & nephews and I might buy it so they can ride it when they visit.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
It's got 3hp, what are you supposed to do with that?

For kids starting out, not a bad idea, get more horsepower later. Plus easier to convince moms its okay! Hey its only 3 hp!
grin2.gif

More fun than no go cart at all!

That's pretty nice of you to consider for nieces/nephews !

Last edited:

You must be really young.

All through the 60's, 70's, 80's, and probabaly part way into the 90's....
99% of all go karts and mini-bikes used either 3HP Briggs or (more likely) Tecumseh engines.

Originally Posted By: spasm3

For kids starting out, not a bad idea, get more horsepower later. Plus easier to convince moms its okay! Hey its only 3 hp!
grin2.gif

More fun than no go cart at all!

That's pretty nice of you to consider for nieces/nephews !

Yeah … think the old B&S I had was 3 HP … but I was 60 lbs … “we bad, we bad” …

I have fond memories on a 3 hp engine on a go cart when one of my friends had it. We were in 7th grade.

Originally Posted By: andyd
The real hot carts had McColloch chain saw engine,

My buddy had a neighbor that had one with three Mac's on it would go over a hundred miles an hours.

I thought I'd find the same thing on ebay in a heartbeat but... no.

Apparently the frame alone is $250.

a long time ago a friend had some land. that he had a go-cart on for the kids. i thought it was fun. but i think its top speed was to high for kids. in an other deal my youngest all most killed himself. on an ATV. two kids went to the hospital. come to find out in that state any kid under 16 was required to have adult supervision. my ex use to say all kids under 35 need adult supervision. then there is the legal side if some one gets hurt.

Originally Posted By: red7404
a long time ago a friend had some land. that he had a go-cart on for the kids. i thought it was fun. but i think its top speed was to high for kids. in an other deal my youngest all most killed himself. on an ATV. two kids went to the hospital. come to find out in that state any kid under 16 was required to have adult supervision. my ex use to say all kids under 35 need adult supervision. then there is the legal side if some one gets hurt.

Thought I would correct this. Not that I think it is acceptable, I let my son ride motorcycles and atvs since age 5, but any full size atv is not to be operated unless age 16. Stickers all over the ATVs stating so. It is also why unless on a 50cc or possibly 90cc, not sure, kids can not race the quad series in racing unless 16 or over. Adult supervision is not correct. It is purely age.

Perfect disaster is kids getting in or on something for the first time. Second disaster is multiple young kids riding together in open space. Make sure a route is established, and which direction, if not, well not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back