Cadbury Caramilk - bitcoin and the tulip mania

Status
Not open for further replies.
Family went shopping today, and came back, plastic bags everywhere, and 5 blocks of chocolate...Cadbury Caramilk.

ummm, why ?

because we wanted to try it !!!

umm, why 5 blocks "to just try" it ?

Because they are limited edition, and if we like it, it will be really expensive...they are selling on ebay for $150/block.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/lifestyle/fo...e-ng-b88738053z

Apparently my facial expression at this point was not considered acceptable, so am somewhat in the doghouse, as I "just don't get it", to insert a direct quote.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Family went shopping today, and came back, plastic bags everywhere, and 5 blocks of chocolate...Cadbury Caramilk.

ummm, why ?

because we wanted to try it !!!

umm, why 5 blocks "to just try" it ?

Because they are limited edition, and if we like it, it will be really expensive...they are selling on ebay for $150/block.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/lifestyle/fo...e-ng-b88738053z

Apparently my facial expression at this point was not considered acceptable, so am somewhat in the doghouse, as I "just don't get it", to insert a direct quote.

I have been told many times throughout my life that "I just don't get it", by the women in my life. I think that is a favorite go to phrase. Thought it was funny you mentioned that.

Heady Topper, a hoppy, double IPA brewed in Waterbury Vermont, by the Alchemist in Waterbury, got a great review in the New York Times.

The craziness began.

People followed Alchemist delivery trucks on their routes to snatch up the beer before it was all sold, they stalked convenience and liquo stores, purchase limits were imposed, black market exchanges took place. Retail was $8 for the four-pack, it it was selling for $20/can in some locations. More in New York City.

Mania in full swing.

Even in Chicago, the "Heady" craze was on...

Tribune - Best Beer in the World

They've since set up a brewery in Stowe, greatly increased production, and now, it's on shelves.

Still good beer. But the bubble burst and it's back to normal.

Last edited:
Canadians, especially the Quebecois, love sweets. Caramilk is a sugar overload. Get someone to send you a Canadian Butter Tart, with or without raisins.

I have a buddy that lives in PA when the holidays are over he and his family hook up the trailer and go to local stores and buy Holiday candy at highly discounted prices for buying the bulk leftovers.. He's been known to go hours away for big loads.. Then he sells it all year long.. for higher prices online. He makes excellent side money doing this.

Originally Posted By: Kira
If you want great taste and exclusivity try a Cadbury's Bourneville bar. It is very good chocolate and readily unavailable.

On the shelf at any supermarket or candy store in the UK. But Hersheys is very hard to find......

Claud.

..they are selling on ebay for $150/block.

I would be listing all of them for sale.

Originally Posted By: Danno
Caramilk is available in Canada 24/7, 365 days a year.
Looks like its made only in Canada if wiki is correct.

This stuff appears to be made of white chocolate whilst we get the downtown brown variety.

Originally Posted By: Claud
Originally Posted By: Kira
If you want great taste and exclusivity try a Cadbury's Bourneville bar. It is very good chocolate and readily unavailable.

On the shelf at any supermarket or candy store in the UK. But Hersheys is very hard to find......

Claud.

Ironically, Hershey's licensed the Cadbury name in US blocking British imports of same and the reputation of the US blend is... that it's terrible.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/a...s-terrible.html

Those are 2 things that every man brings into question at his own peril: the ladies' shopping haul and procurement of chocolates!

Tread carefully
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: maxdustington
Originally Posted By: Danno
Caramilk is available in Canada 24/7, 365 days a year.
Looks like its made only in Canada if wiki is correct.

This stuff appears to be made of white chocolate whilst we get the downtown brown variety.

Bingo!

Honestly, the best chocolate I've consumed was from Mexico. It literally had two or three ingredients and was the most balanced and beautiful tasting chocolate I've ever eaten (and I don't care for sweets).
coffee2.gif

Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol
Those are 2 things that every man brings into question at his own peril: the ladies' shopping haul and procurement of chocolates!

Tread carefully
wink.gif

I once made the mistake of marking up a slot on the rubbish bin, and pretending to start cutting into it with an exacto knife.

Wife asked me what I was doing, and I said I was coming up with a time saving device for her.

She could just slide $20s through the slot into the bin, rather than going all the way to the shops, buying all the stuff that was saving us money, and storing it in the fridge until it was ready to be thrown out.

I deserved the response that day.

Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol

Tread carefully
wink.gif

I once made the mistake of marking up a slot on the rubbish bin, and pretending to start cutting into it with an exacto knife.

Wife asked me what I was doing, and I said I was coming up with a time saving device for her.

She could just slide $20s through the slot into the bin, rather than going all the way to the shops, buying all the stuff that was saving us money, and storing it in the fridge until it was ready to be thrown out.

I deserved the response that day.

I see you have met my wife...
lol.gif

Shannow, now you have to check out the Caramilk commercials on YouTube. We get the milk chocolate variety everywhere, all the time, no problem. It has to be one of the most ubiquitous chocolate bars here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back