Anyone try to use "guaranteed" gas? QT/Kwik Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that Kwik Trip (in my neck of the woods) and QT (down south) both have guarantees on their gas. They're entirely different chains but pronounced the same. And they're both Top Tier rated. Anybody make it a point to use "Guaranteed gas" or ever have a warranty claim?

Kwik Trip says
"We’re proud to join industry leaders by delivering Top Tier™ Gasoline with higher levels of detergent in every gallon of gasoline we sell, guaranteed. If you have a gasoline-related problem, simply ask your automotive technician to complete a brief form explaining that the problem was caused by gasoline and itemize the charges.
How to make a Gas Related Claim.
If you do experience a problem, follow these simple steps:
1. Print the Customer Claim forms [Motor Vehicle Fuel Service Report] and [Service Data Report] on
your printer or call 608-781-8988; ask for Risk Management and we will send you the proper forms.
2. Fill out the Customer Data portion of the form.
3. Have your mechanic or repair facility fill out the Service Data portion of the form.
4. Send the completed form along with copies of your repair bill to the address on the form.
5. We will reimburse you for any legitimate fuel-related repairs and the gasoline."

And QT says
"QUIKTRIP GUARANTEED GASOLINE®
All QuikTrip motor fuel is guaranteed not to harm your engine.
That means if you ever have an engine problem with your vehicle caused by QuikTrip motor fuel, QuikTrip will take care of the problem. That doesn't mean we'll give you your money back and wish you luck. It means we will work with you to solve the problem. We can only offer this type of guarantee because of the care we take to ensure our motor fuels are of the highest quality.
OUR GUARANTEE
If you do experience a problem with any QuikTrip motor fuel, follow these simple steps:
Call our toll-free number: 800-848-1966.
We’ll send you a simple form for you and your ASE certified mechanic to complete.
Send us the completed form along with your estimate for the necessary repairs.
Your information will be reviewed, and any repairs determined to be caused by QuikTrip’s motor fuel will be reimbursed directly to you or the repair facility. *
It's that simple. You can buy your fuel from QuikTrip with complete confidence. Or you can take your chances somewhere else.
* QuikTrip reserves the right to investigate all claims submitted. Damages caused by fuel that is not approved by the manufacturer of your vehicle will not be covered under this guarantee. Fraudulent claims will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law."

These seem to be very uncommon, as many of the national brands don't guarantee their gas (possibly because the stations are run by franchisees?) Odds are very low of having an issue, but there is still a possibility. Anyone make it a point to use "guaranteed gas" or ever make a warranty claim?

I have a QT right by my house & use their fuel almost exclusively, They have a high turn over on their Diesel & I had my Camaro Dynoed on their Premium. Never any problems, So never needed to make a warranty claim.

I like their Coffee as well!

Last edited:
Years ago I had injector failures on my 91 Maxima that my mechanic said was from bad gas. I bought my fuel exclusively at Quik Trip. I tried to present a claim with documentation from my mechanic.
QT told me to [censored] up a rope. Guarantee? Good luck...

No one can guarantee gas... it all comes from the same tank farms.

Now, they can "guarantee" that their "special blend of additives" was added when the truck was filled,

but the base gasoline composition and specs can vary all over the place,
depending on whatever was coming down the pipeline the day the big tank was filled.

I have heard some pretty interesting stories from folks that have worked there.

I get the worst gas mileage on Kwik Trip gas. I thought I was crazy since it’s always so full but others have said the same. Their gas is nothing special. As far as the post I have personally been told Kwik Trip has replaced a few engines for people. One of the employees told me they get all kinds of reports for blown up engines, all kinds of dirt balls trying to get free engines.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: biggusblockus
Years ago I had injector failures on my 91 Maxima that my mechanic said was from bad gas. I bought my fuel exclusively at Quik Trip. I tried to present a claim with documentation from my mechanic.
QT told me to [censored] up a rope. Guarantee? Good luck...

I've seen stations pay, but it's usually when it's something much more obvious and widespread, like when someone delivers gasoline to the diesel storage tank. That cost an Alberta Co-op a bunch of money a few years back.

i have used QT 91 oct for years. but then again i put MMO in each fuel up. i fill at about 1/2. in a 08 Toyota Avalon. what i like about the car is the engine holds 6.4 qt oil. on the road i get 24-27 MPG. at 70-80. in town 20 -17 MPG. i run the tires at 40 psi. at a lower PSI the tires pound badly when i punch it good. and ride is squarely. so at 40 the tires will slip a little with no tire hop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back