I sold most of my stash..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sold most of my oil stash today.. $3/qt and a few for $2/qt. It was a cold and rainy day here and i have been doing some early spring cleaning. Facebook Yardsale posting was at about noon and had all of it sold within 3 hours..plus some other oil that i had stashed as well.

Castrol Edge 5w30 gold bottle 25 quarts
Castrol Magnatec 0w20 15 quarts
Castrol Magnatec 5w20 15 quarts
Idemitsu 0w20 14 quarts

With the autozone reqwards and bunches of free quarts i got plus some of the quarts being less than a dollar i made a little profit.. factoring in i spent a few dollars getting the oil and then delivering it for sale.

I tried to get rid of my 0w30 Mobil 1 AFE but the answers i got was 'my car dont use that oil'.. oh well all of mine do so im good if it dont sell.

As i was loading the car i regretted selling but i also regretted buying so much.. I guess the first step is admitting that you have a problem.

Hey if you made a profit off of it, then it wasnt a waste of time, now gives you an opportunity to look for deals on newer, better oils, plus you can keep some of the money t to the side to bankroll your little business.

Well at least you made a bit of money. I have a limit of about 25 qts to have on hand at any one time. I had just about run out of my current oil stash. Only five quarts of Havoline left over. I just added 18 quarts of Federated Auto oil. 10 qts of the full synthetic and 8 of the synthetic blend. So, I am stocked up for now.

That wasn't much of a stash and I'd have gone through all of that oil in less than two years.
Why did you dispose of the oil?
At least you did come out ahead on the sale pricing.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
That wasn't much of a stash and I'd have gone through all of that oil in less than two years.
Why did you dispose of the oil?
At least you did come out ahead on the sale pricing.

Yeah i think last year i went thru 150 quarts changing oil for family and friends. I charge $4/qt and $5 for filter no labor to them.. but i got asked too many questions on the various brands and weights i was using so i think im going to stick with Harvest king at $2/qt and keep doubling my money and helping them at the same time.

Keeping-
Quaker State Advanced Durability 5w30 AZ clearance
Edge High Mileage 10w40 AZ clearance
Rotella 10w30 2.5 gallon Jugs- AZ clearance.

To Get rid of-
Peak 15w40 Advance Clearance
TDT 5w40 from the Autozone ad screwup from a couple of years ago

Incoming-
Citgard 15w40- $7/gallon at Rural King

I got rid of 58 quarts of synthetic oils last year at $2/qt...break even or net loss when considering the driving to buy it. Some of the grades were ideal for my vehicles and would require mixing...or would have taken 5+ yrs to use up.

But, was able to replace it all this year with QS synthetic/syn blends on sale for 30c/quart. After rebates it was cheaper than FREE.

The good thing about having a stash is that you don't have to buy oil for a long time. The other thing about having a stash is that you can wait until you have the money and can catch it at a really good price and replinish it. I have at least two years worth to get my by on both mine and my daughter's vehicle. Havoline HM purchased at just under $2/qt. Currently running PUP in the van. Free from Pennzoil. Will have to stock up when a sale is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back