Federated motor oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea who is currently making the Federated full synthetic 5w 30? My friend, who is a mechanic can get it for $2.99 a quart. would just like to get some information and specs on the oil before I stock up

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/4660663/Searchpage/1/Main/283579/Words/federated/Search/true/Re:_Federated_Auto_oil#Post4660663

I believe it's made by Warren Distribution aka WPP.. And yeah that other thread about this was obviously started by me. In my area I can the Dexos approved Gen 2 oil for $3.29 a qt. The regular synthetic blend is $2 a quart. Pretty doggone decent prices given everything. I think this oil is a very good oil for just about anything on the road except certain MB and BMWs etc... Those obviously have to meet 229.5 and BMW LL-01 etc..
So if you can get it for a good price or your friend can get it for that price... Go for it. For a regular shop oil it would be very good to use.

Thanks for the information, is this a sodium oil similar to the other house Brands like O'Reilly and Napa?

Yeah I would believe so. It looks like according to the latest PQIA test that it still had the sodium. One thing to keep in my is that Valvoline uses that as well. And Valvoline does very well in what it's put into has well.

Has it been confirmed that Valvoline is still using sodium and their new dexos generation to full synthetic?

Yeah it still is that way.... Look up latest test results from 2017 PQIA test results.... No change with Valvoline additive package.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back