Say Goodbye to Supertech oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Must not be a big seller for them.

You're probably right. I know I've never used one, and I don't personally know anyone who has either. They don't sell well at the WM stores local to me.

Going to Walmart to stock up. I would think an oil filter kept in a dry, temp controlled location would last a while.

OH NO!!! Those are really good filters at a good price. Even better price so will go stock up on some soon.

Originally Posted By: FordBroncoVWJeta
Apparently Walmart is no longer gonna stock them from my understanding.

It has come up on here several times over the last few months...

The prices went down online first (less than $1ea on some!)

Originally Posted By: Oldtom
Going to Walmart to stock up. I would think an oil filter kept in a dry, temp controlled location would last a while.

I have some more than 10 years old that still get used occasionally.

While I am sad to see some of them go away, and I really used to talk them up, the last 2 I used I was not impressed with.

The Wix Combo valve is a big turn off (not all models use it), and the weak media was the downfall for me (not tears or failures in use, but cutting apart after a "regular" OCI, I found it to be too brittle for my liking).

I need to see if they have any ST9018 for my moms Vue. I had good result with this filter on her car.

I would say that Fram white filters will be in their place before long.

I think Champion made the first batches, now Wix.. so its Frams turn.

Originally Posted By: Collingwood
I remember them from the black can ST model numbers.

What will be the new cheap filter king?
No news as of right now. They are also getting rid of Rotella oil filters. Obviously Walmart has something planned for this shelf space.

Originally Posted By: FordBroncoVWJeta

No news as of right now. They are also getting rid of Rotella oil filters. Obviously Walmart has something planned for this shelf space.

Good point. A lot of the stores are also undergoing remodels.

The plot thickens! But does the oil?
lol.gif

I have used those ST filters multiple times with my Subaru in signature. In fact I have one on now that I will run 4000 miles to change out for another one for my next oil change. Im heading down to Wal Mart now actually & see if I can score more of them for $2.00 a pop.

the new Fram orange cans with the silicone ADBV
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back