G31 Or G32?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking at the the Glock in .357 SIG. But, I can't decide on the G31, or G32. Of course it would be Gen 4.
My son just recently bought a Gen 4 G23. As we all know, it's the same frame size as the G32. I was handling his G23 with the smallest grip size and it felt as if I was struggling to keep my pinky planted comfortably on the grip. When I owned a G17, which is the same frame size as the G31, my hand fit that grip just fine. What I need is a X32 like the X19.
But, being as snappy as the .357 SIG round is when shot, I would hate to get a G32 and have it come out of my hand while shooting it!
My FS M&P .40's with the .357 SIG barrel in them, are very comfortable to hold when shooting. Even my SD9 is similar to the G32 frame size, and it's very comfortable when shooting as well.
Anyone here own the G31?

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Why .357 anyways?

There are many reasons, but the main reason is, it's a [censored] round!

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone or most everyone has gone to loving the 9MM since the FBI switched to it. And everyone likes to shout out 9MM is just as effective with modern ammo.
Whatever. I think the .357 Sig is the best auto loader cartridge ever invented. Having a bottleneck cartridge helps rid feed issues. Higher velocity
ammo tends to be be more reliable to expand. It's a good round. Too bad it's not as popular as it should be. There are three Federal agencies that use the cartridge, but not the FBI.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Everyone or most everyone has gone to loving the 9MM since the FBI switched to it. And everyone likes to shout out 9MM is just as effective with modern ammo.
Whatever. I think the .357 Sig is the best auto loader cartridge ever invented. Having a bottleneck cartridge helps rid feed issues. Higher velocity
ammo tends to be be more reliable to expand. It's a good round. Too bad it's not as popular as it should be. There are three Federal agencies that use the cartridge, but not the FBI.

I like your thinking.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.357_SIG

I agree that .357 sig is an awesome round. If I was still a police officer, it would far and away be my preferred duty round if I was allowed to choose my caliber.

If you are going to conceal it get a G33. If you are not, get a G31.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
I agree that .357 sig is an awesome round. If I was still a police officer, it would far and away be my preferred duty round if I was allowed to choose my caliber.

If you are going to conceal it get a G33. If you are not, get a G31.

My conceal is a SP101-.357 Magnum on my good ankle.
Also, if my pinky is struggling on a G32, could you imagine what a G33 would be like? But, I have been leaning towards the G31 very much. I like the fact that my hand fits the grip without my pinky hanging off the end.

I like the 357 Sig but there has been some idle talk on forums about it becoming a dying caliber. If agencies aren't using it then you might have issues buying it at a typical gun store. Just a FYI.

On the other hand now might be a good time to get into 10mm Auto as many of the gun companies are starting to build on this platform.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
I like the 357 Sig but there has been some idle talk on forums about it becoming a dying caliber. If agencies aren't using it then you might have issues buying it at a typical gun store. Just a FYI.

On the other hand now might be a good time to get into 10mm Auto as many of the gun companies are starting to build on this platform.

Ironically, ten years ago folks would have told you to get into the .357 Sig as companies are building on it, while they would have told you that 10mm is a dying caliber. Back then, you could only get a Glock 20, or the Colt Delta Elite. No other 10mm were made...now, there are a lot of new firearms coming out in 10mm...

So, is .357 Sig dying?

I don't think so. It's a great round, with unique properties...

But, if you're going to get a pistol in .357 Sig, why not buy a Sig?

Originally Posted By: WhyMe
i have a g23 and its not an easy gun to shoot. i would get a g22 and slap a conversion barrel in it if i really wanted 357 sig .

Really?

I thought it was a piece of cake...a bit more muzzle flip than the G19...but not hard to shoot at all...

If you can't comfortably hang on to the 32, get the 31. The extra barrel length of the 31 really helps the .357 Sig perform optimally. Don't even bother with 357 Sig in a barrel less than 4 inches.

Originally Posted By: WhyMe
i have a g23 and its not an easy gun to shoot. i would get a g22 and slap a conversion barrel in it if i really wanted 357 sig .

I already have 2 of those; M&P .40 1.0 & 2.0 with .357 SIG barrel for each of them.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45

I can buy it all day long, in Gen 3 and Gen 4, for $456.00 OTD, brand new. And, being I have 2 FFL cousins, that's covered. Just a FYI.

My G22 was an ex-LEO trade-in with brand new Trijicon night sights and 4 magazines for $350

This is a very cheap way to get into .357 SIG...
just change barrels. Everything else stays the same.

I own a G32 and its by far my favorite round/gun. I generally carry a 9mm single stack however due to concealability. In the winter i happily pack the .357 sig with Gold Dots
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Everyone or most everyone has gone to loving the 9MM since the FBI switched to it.

I seriously doubt most 9 MM shooters know what the FBI uses. And most could care less. I know I don't. That whole silly 10 MM / 10 MM "Lite" / .40 S&W / 9 MM fiasco the FBI went through was nothing but a lesson on how NOT to select a cartridge. I wouldn't base my choice of caliber selection on what the FBI uses, any more than I would choose a car mechanic based on a guy who always needs a ride to work.

The biggest thing the 9 MM has going for it today is low cost ammunition, along with availability. I doubt there is a store anywhere that handles ammo, who doesn't have 9 MM in stock.... And at a good price. The fact new modern high performance ammunition is available for it, just makes the choice in using it even better. Along with an all but unlimited selection of pistols that chamber it in every size, cost, type, and style known to man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back