2006 Ford Ranger and Mazda Pickup Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2006 Ranger. I had the recall done, but the recall was apparently a temporary repair and they were going to recall it again once updated parts became available. So I'm still waiting for the second recall.

About six years ago, before this huge recall happened, I actually got into an accident in my Ranger and the airbags deployed. There was no metal shrapnel and I didn't have so much as a scratch on me.

Originally Posted By: exranger06

About six years ago, before this huge recall happened, I actually got into an accident in my Ranger and the airbags deployed. There was no metal shrapnel and I didn't have so much as a scratch on me.

part of that is chance(luck)

and part is environment.. its not as dry as arizona where you are but its not
Louisiana either... and the airbag propellant goes bad faster with heat AND humidity.

Originally Posted By: Rhymingmechanic
still driving one of these

Lol, I won't buy until a 2006 until probably 2026.

We actually got a decent amount of parts to do this recall in earlier this week. Usually with recalls Ford will issue it and not make the parts available for a month or more.

This one for 2900 vehicles is apparently very urgent because the two deaths that occurred were from airbags made the same day.

You should stop driving and they'll tow your vehicle for the recall and provide a loaner.

I do have a 2006 Ranger. No second recall notice yet. The first one was done in 2016 IIRC.

Well, guess what : I got the recall notice in the mail today. No mention of not driving it due to danger or such.

I got my recall notice in the mail. The notice said that parts are available and to contact my dealer as soon as possible. I called my dealer and they said parts are NOT available yet, and they had no idea when they would be available. I called another local dealer and they also did not have parts available and they expected them to be available mid-March.

Originally Posted By: exranger06
I got my recall notice in the mail. The notice said that parts are available and to contact my dealer as soon as possible. I called my dealer and they said parts are NOT available yet, and they had no idea when they would be available. I called another local dealer and they also did not have parts available and they expected them to be available mid-March.

We are being seed stocked. My dealer got 42 of each inflator, this recall is driver and passenger side, but we have not received any resupply that I know of and cannot order any.

Usually the way Ford does a seed stock recall is send tons and tons of parts for lets say a 93 Mercury Capri, but no parts for like a 2005 Ranger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back