hard cases?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far I've been storing my new laptop in the very nice cardboard padded box that it came it. Simple "hatbox" style and works very well but I know it will eventually start falling apart. I like that it offers just a little more protection than a softcase and works great to keep the dust off it. I don't need anything like the pelican cases out there. Can anybody recommend or comment on a basic, easy to use hard sided laptop case? FWIW this ia 15.x inch laptop.

I've traveled all over the world with my soft sided bag I got at Marshalls. Why do you think you need something tactical? Laptops aren't that delicate.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
I've traveled all over the world with my soft sided bag I got at Marshalls. Why do you think you need something tactical? Laptops aren't that delicate.

That’s the answer. Softsides never let me down. About the one thing they won’t save it from is maybe sitting on the computer if you come crashing down. Or maybe coming off the top of your car at 35mph
shocked.gif
. For daily use and travel they work just fine though.

I travel worldwide with Ogio backpacks … sometimes you just need one hand for a suitcase and another hand free for whatever comes your way …
Very well padded around my Dell notebook and two iPads … holds chargers and papers … a few OTC meds etc …

My Dell Latitude D630 has proven (many times) just how amazingly durable a "business grade" laptop is built.

You get polythene boxes for documents here, with a couple of clips. Take A4 or foolscap sheets so would be big enough for some laptops, and could be supplemented with foam, armour plate, plywood or whatever.

Suggested one for GF's Apple thing but it was unsurprizingly judged to be insufficiently bling.

a68ebbaf43801ef9213dfc580718052c--document-holder-school-supplies.jpg

Originally Posted By: Ducked
You get polythene boxes for documents here, with a couple of clips. Take A4 or foolscap sheets so would be big enough for some laptops, and could be supplemented with foam, armour plate, plywood or whatever.

Suggested one for GF's Apple thing but it was unsurprizingly judged to be insufficiently bling.

a68ebbaf43801ef9213dfc580718052c--document-holder-school-supplies.jpg

That would’ve perfect if I can find the right size!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back