Multi ratio fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I went to Walmart to get some pre mixed fuel and found this it’s 40:1 and 50:1 is this stuff any good?

Convenient for a weed wacker that doesn't get used much...
How does the price come out? I would guess a lot higher...

Last edited:
I don't know how it can be both ratios however, those premixed fuels although expensive, are probably the best fuels for small OPE if you don't have an ethanol free station in your area to make your own mix. When I looked at these qt cansxof fuel at Sears, it is around $6/qt...$24/gal.
smirk.gif

Last edited:
It was 4.87 I always buy the pre mixed fuel but I always get 50:1 I have never seen two ratios in one bottle I’m kinda hesitant to use it I always try to keep a bottle around for the chainsaw since all my other equipment is electric. I am wondering if it’s closer to 40:1 or 50:1.

I wouldn't worry about it, the difference between 40 and 50:1 in a quart size container s .16 0z's how many people can even measure that accurately?

I started buying this for my weedwacker. A gallon of self mixed gas/oil will spoil before I can use it, so I started buying the canned gas from wally.

I use Tru Fuel, VP, even the Stihl stuff ... got tired of ruined hoses and all that …

Originally Posted By: Tman220
I wouldn't worry about it, the difference between 40 and 50:1 in a quart size container s .16 0z's how many people can even measure that accurately?
Exactly. Or it may be 45:1. I have ran OPe on 64:1 so 45 0r 50:1 should not be a problem if it's got a good oil.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
What's wrong with pump gas? I've run hundreds and hundreds of gallons through small ope.
our gas has alcohol in it and it eats rubber fuel hoses and turns carb bowels into white fluffy powder.

Amsoil 2-cycle oil is mixed at 100:1

Your engine will never tell the difference between 40: and 50: 1.... ever.

Keep your eyes open for BOGO offers on this stuff. Home Depot will usually run it on Tru-Fuel, and Wally Mart has VP. One or the other will have a twofer once a season.

Someone on BITOG told me when Walmart was clearancing it to clear shelf space for holloween/christmas stuff last year. I bought gallons of both the 50:1 and 4 cycle. It's good stuff. Should say VP Racing on it somewhere. The 4 cycle smells like '60's model ship glue.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
What's wrong with pump gas? I've run hundreds and hundreds of gallons through small ope.

Nothing wrong with it if you use the machine often. If the machine sits with pump gas in it that contains ethanol (all the stations here have ethanol) then it will cause carb problems.

How about make your own. Mix water and gas together. The water draws out the ethanol. Drain the water out and you have yourself 99.9% ethanol free fuel.

Haven’t done it myself but I’m going to try it next month.

Search YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back