Hybrid Sopus 0/5w20 Synthetic with LM Ceratec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fram Ultra filter was in service 15k miles. Scott Greenwald received in the product engineering department and said it looked fantastic. Oil was a drop shy of 10k miles. Notes high potassium. I had used PennzoilUltraPlatinum0w20 with some archoil 9100 prior to which I just drained the filter and added this brew with Ceratec. Enjoy!!!

I drained just oil. My fault error not filter. I'm sold on fram ultra and fram is the maker of honda filters too. Kinda wonder if its a fram xtra guard with tough guard filter element.

Originally Posted By: Marco620
I drained just oil. My fault error not filter. I'm sold on fram ultra and fram is the maker of honda filters too. Kinda wonder if its a fram xtra guard with tough guard filter element.

The Fram made Honda A02 filter is actually less efficient than an Extra Guard, so certainly not the guts of a Tough Guard. The A02 is only around 50-60% efficient at 20um compared to 95% E.G. And 99% TG.

and added this brew with Liqui Moly Ceratec. Enjoy!!!

YIKES, it's $25 a bottle on Amazon?

I'd only add a tablespoon of it per engine, LOL!

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Those are pretty impressive numbers to me.

Johnny, while his numbers are pretty good, it's likely not the Ceratec. Here are my numbers from Pennzoil Ultra Platinum (2 oldest UOAs were still Pennz Platinum, 58k had MOS2 with it). The run at 96k had Ceratec in it (you can see the huge jump in Boron), but other than that it's been PUP alone.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
and added this brew with Liqui Moly Ceratec. Enjoy!!!

YIKES, it's $25 a bottle on Amazon?

I'd only add a tablespoon of it per engine, LOL!
They say use a 6% solution of the Ceratec to oil. And it is a use twice and wait another 50k miles product.

While the numbers are good I cannot help but notice the slow trend up in the iron numbers. I wonder what would happen if you used straight oil with no additives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back