2001 Honda Valkyrie - Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Afternoon To All,

I just finished detailing my 2001 Valkyrie, about 38,000 miles on her, I am the original owner - thought folks might enjoy seeing some photos.

I used Mothers Step 1 Polish, followed by Mothers Step 2 Micro-Glaze Polish and then used Klasse Sealant to finish the job.

Beautiful ... and what a ridiculous machine. It has twice as many cylinders as my car.
grin.gif

38,000 miles or not she looks gorgeous! Great detail job, looks like it belongs on the showroom floor
wink.gif

Good Evening To All,

Thank you for your kind comments, I appreciate all of them.
grin.gif

To Reddy45, the Valk engine is 1520cc, based on the Goldwing engine, but there are 6 carbs instead of 2 that I believe the GW had, and the cams are higher lift.

This bike does everything well, great for touring, handles in the curves, low center weight so the bike doesn't feel top heavy, it was rated I believe #5 in best 60-0 stops, huge torque, and as smooth as and engine can be.

After 17 years of ownership, every time I ride it, it puts a smile on my face.

RevRider

Very Nice!

I always wanted to ride one side-by-side with the equivalent Goldwing, just to compare for fun!

For some reason, I feel like GW is a cousin, but definitely completely different animal.

This thing seems like a muscle bike
laugh.gif

Makes me miss my 2000 Valk Interstate. I put a lot of miles on her; traded in 2006 on a GL1800. Really miss the ol' girl at times. Great blend of power and style and reliability. Easy to work on. Etc.

Darn you, sir. Now I want one again.

Reminds me of the first one we uncrated... (it was red and white)...

The head mechanic said - “Look at that head light, no wonder it has 100 hp, it needs it to push that thing trough the air”...

Nice looking bike, you obviously take excellent care of it.

Last edited:
Thanks again for the additional comments.

My neighbor has an 1800 GW, we ride periodically together, although the GW has an extra 300cc, I stay right with him.

My bike weighs about 730 lbs, I believe the GW's are in the mid 800's.

I love the wings, great bikes - truth is, I love all bikes (not a dirt bike guy though).

In 1980, I bought a Honda 750F (I wish I had kept that one also), but I wanted the CBX (6 cyl), but didn't have enough money at the time, now I have my 6 cyl.
grin.gif

RevRider

Very nice, I think the words, "they dont make them like that anymore" stand true in this case.

I appreciate and value quality workmanship vs the bundle of electronics so many bikes are made of now. Nothing against the electronic part but they use it to hide the lack of quality in todays bikes. Its one reason I have the Road King over the other touring bikes right now, more simple, I say I am keeping this one for the long haul but who knows....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back