2008 Ram 1500 SLT

Status
Not open for further replies.
2008 Ram 1500 SLT hemi, quad cab 4x4 with 98,000 miles, any issues to look for or be aware of? Asking $13,999 which seems high to me, but it's in good shape. Thanks

Last edited:
That sounds cheap to me. Probably a $50k truck new.

The fenders and stuff seem to be made of cheap thin steel going off the rusted out ones here.

Make sure this wasn't a flood car from the hurricanes.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
That sounds cheap to me. Probably a $50k truck new.

More like $32-$35K. Loaded diesel 2500's were costing $50-$55K in 2008.

you think ? if its a excellent condition truck with less than 100K on it ? I can see that price.. However if its a well used truck that shows a lot of wear, id agree with you.

Have you looked at any 2009+ Rams? Made a bunch of upgrades/updates that year, and it's the same chassis (4th generation) that underpins brand new 2018 models.

Assuming the trucks' frame, drivetrain, and body are in good shape, I'd say that is a reasonable starting point. In my area similar Dodge Rams' with significantly more miles are priced just a bit higher. Just be sure to check it over mechanically. We have lost a couple cams out of our Hemi powered Charger fleet. Dodge had a recall on them but a couple of the roller lifters siezed just after the warranty from the recall work was up. I'm not sure what years and what specific vehicles were affected but it is something to look out for as it is an expensive fix.

Seems pretty high to me. I paid 12,800 for my 2004 with 52K miles when I bought it in 2007. It was in mint condition. But then again it was the year that gas was lingering at about 5 bucks a gallon and they weren't jumping off the lots.
Anyhow with 262K on my truck now I would recommend it, have had no power train issues. Cons have been some lighting quirks due to TIPM and FCM problems. Having problem right now with blinkers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back