Toyota SightLine Hybrid Wiper Blades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toyota has been encouraging their dealerships to sell the SightLine Wiper Blades for service replacement instead of the replacement inserts. Lexus is marketing these same blades as "Lexus Advanced Technology Wiper Blades." There is also rumor that the wiper inserts are being discontinued in favor of the SightLine Wiper Blades, but this has not been confirmed.

For my own curiosity I purchased a pair of the SlightLine Wiper Blades to try out. They retail for $19.99/ea, but you can purchase pairs on eBay for under $30 shipped.

Here are some pictures:

From an initial test, these wiper blades look good and wipe very well. They are a little bit noisier than the factory inserts so it will be interesting to see if these SightLine wipers continue to perform acceptably in colder weather once the rubber ages. The fit/finish of the wipers is pretty good, but the locking tab is a bit flimsy.

Last edited:
I have the original OEM non-hybrid Sightline wipers on my Tacoma. I do keep it garaged, but I'm going on 3 years without needing to replace the wiper blades. They last!

My Avalon came with beam blades and the OEM wiped better than any aftermarket beam blades. Inserts were not available. They were an improvement over "flat" blades.

Because the OEM blades were so good, I used to get the replacement inserts from the Lexus dealer.

It took me a bit of time to find a dealer selling them for a reasonable price though. Just one dealer sold them for $10 instead of the $25 that everyone else wanted including the Toyota dealers.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Probably the same as Denso Designer

Denso designer blades are nicer than these. These blades are also made in China.

Originally Posted By: carloz
Looks like a good wiper. Any streaking?

None so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back