2006 Acura TSX Oil Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: maverickfhs
Originally Posted By: Artem
Does it require premium or simply recommend it for added performance?

Not 100% sure, going to read manual, I believe Prem is recommended but on forums a lot of people have used regular.

The first gen TSX is premium REQUIRED, not recommended. It really runs like [censored] on regular. A lot of people also go 4,5 or even 6000 kms past due for their oil changes. For those people, I get to replace their timing chains.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mightymousetech
Originally Posted By: maverickfhs
Originally Posted By: Artem
Does it require premium or simply recommend it for added performance?

Not 100% sure, going to read manual, I believe Prem is recommended but on forums a lot of people have used regular.

The first gen TSX is premium REQUIRED, not recommended. ...

No it's not. See my post above.

It runs just fine on 87 octane fuel. It produces more power with premium fuel, but I can guarantee that 99% of the people in the world couldn't tell the difference between the two. Especially with an automatic.

Last edited:
I doubt you’d experience any issues with a 20 grade. I use 20 in the winter and 30 in the summer in my k24. I know of another TSX that has similar mileage to my Accord and its still going strong. That being said, I’m not too familiar with the slight differences between the TSX and the Accord. I can’t imagine them being that different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back