Federated Auto oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saw this on sale at Fisher Auto parts aka Federated Auto in my area. It was $3.29 a quart. Pretty good deal for a Dexos Gen 2 approved oil. It has a WNE marking underneath the container so it is made by Warren Petroleum out of Omaha. Which means it is a good oil. They also had a synthetic blend for $10.29 5 qt container. Not too shabby either. My oil collection has been used up a bit lately. Not that is a bad thing. It was a good thing. Did a number of oil changes for myself and other friends. Now all I had on hand was 5 qts of Havoline. Today I added 10 more to the collection. This sale runs through February 28th by the way. I will probably make another trip for a bit more. My limit is 25 quarts to have on hand at any time. Hope you guys had a good day today.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree blupupher. $10.29 for 5 qts is fairly good in my opinion too. I got that for the lady's Camry. The full synthetic is going in my Altima 3.5 VQ.

I have one Federated store that is a little bit out of the way not too bad.. kind of reminds me of an Aldi store. The counter guys are very eager to make a sale and its hard to browse without their 'expert' opinions on everything.

Next time i need oil I think i will go with Harvest King..they are a bit cheaper. $9.99/5qt

Yeah that makes sense Red91. From my area there's a Warren distribution blending center only 6 hours away in northwest West Virginia. So it makes sense for them to supply my area. While Amalie supplies your area due to it being closer to your area. At $16.50 for 5 qts of group 3 highly processed dino is not too shabby.

About a year ago, RockAuto was selling Baldwin-built, Federated-branded oil filters for under $1/each. Because I maintain quite a few vehicles, I bought a few dozen of them.
So I was surprised when I realized that the name is still in business. Looking at a few of the stores closest to me, it appears they are in partnership with repair shops and hardware stores.
I still wonder why they sold off all of their oil filters...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back