Pennzoil Ecobox System

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who haven’t seen them, it’s oil in plastic lined cardboard boxes. They hold 6 galllons each. I guess they’re aimed at commercial oil change places, but available to the public. You’re expected to use an 8 quart pitcher to dispense it.

Last edited:
I've seen it. I bought it from rockauto.com for 5W30 and 5W20 Motorcraft FS. It's much cheaper than the quarts that I usually by. I also bought a couple of 8 quart pitchers from amazon. It works out to be about $3.81 per quart with shipping included.

I have a Castrol "e-pack", pretty much the same thing.

full-4879-13680-1_2.jpg

I have an empty 5 qt jug that I use to transfer it to, then pour it into the vehicle.

Only reason I have it is because it was a Walmart price error, (I ordered 4 of them, but only 1 came through).
I would not buy it for regular use (unless a really good deal).
As said, it is designed for shop use for the non-bulk oil changes. Easier to store and less waste when finished than 5 qt jugs.

I am wondering how well every little bit of oil will come out.
You also have to make sure you mark off what you use.
I have 5-6 qts left in mine. I did not initially mark off how much I drained out on the box.
I know a 7 qt oil change, 6 qt change, and have a 5 qt jug filled, and may have filled a single qt.

I've found them at a few retailers, but never at a decent price per litre. I would much prefer to use that system, but it has always proven more economical to buy the same oil in 5L jugs at sale prices.

Eneos is doing them, now, too. For the SOPUS varieties, check NAPA Canada. They have some tolerable pricing on them. As fsdork mentions, it may not beat the best 5 L price you'll come across, though.

Here's Penrite's blurb on their Envirobox. This is pushing the workshop side of things, as the public doesn't usually buy in 20 litre containers. In my side of the shop I use 4 litre and 5 litre containers of engine oils, which doesn't impress me much, and 20 litre for gear oils with a pump. The ag side of our shop goes through huge amounts of plastic 20 litre drums. The field service guys would be able to store these in their vehicles so much better, and our skip bin wouldn't need emptying every 3 days.

Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
Has anyone used the Pennzoil Ecobox system? There’re available at Costco in Canada but arn't priced very well.

That should be a good deal for the OTR guys with their diesels with sumps measured in gallons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back