Purolator One PL14476 5030 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bbhero
Now that looks like a filter should look. A winner here for sure.

Two reasons I did this OCI one check on the condition of the P1 two get an UOA run to see where my car really is at a 5K point in my OCI. The sample is on its way to Wix in Portland, OR.

Z06, where are you hiding at? Or, are you trying to figure out what you're going to say?
27.gif
28.gif

Thanx for the C&P. PUROLATOR makes a great oil filter.
Flame suit on!

Great filter . Til today I still don’t believe tear issue is exist. I don’t believe those cry wolf . I’m been use all kind of filter . Include fram. Im no die hard fan of any filter . I say it’s great filter when I see one . And this is great filter .

^^^I have seen the tears first hand. Many other members have found them when dissecting their filters. Doubt all you want.

Good job on both counts Johnny Johnson. This Purolator Pureone looks perfect. I did run a Purolator Pureone 14610 and cut it open and it looked just like this one.

Originally Posted By: MrQuackers
^^^I have seen the tears first hand. Many other members have found them when dissecting their filters. Doubt all you want.

+1 ... tin foil hat conspiracy theory.

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Z06, where are you hiding at? Or, are you trying to figure out what you're going to say?
27.gif
28.gif

Flame suit on!

How's this for an analogy ... sometimes people get lucky when playing Russian Roulette even with 3 of the 6 chambers loaded.
laugh.gif
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: MrQuackers

+1 ... tin foil hat conspiracy theory.

+1 I have had tears on MotorCraft FL820S. The disbelievers need to wake up.

The last two Pure Ones I used lost ADBV function. Not a scratch on the silicone ADBV.

Thanks for the well done cut & post.

Last edited:
Doesn’t the box states good for 10k?

I have this Blue P1 on my yaris right now, I am thinking about skipping one time and run it twice for 4k miles each

Originally Posted By: shadow7
Doesn’t the box states good for 10k?

I have this Blue P1 on my yaris right now, I am thinking about skipping one time and run it twice for 4k miles each

It can

I’m going back to my old way . One filter one oil change . If I’m doing 5k or 6 month oil change . Wix . Purolator . Napa gold . Motorcraft . If I’m doing 7K + or one Years oil change . Wix xp . Napa platinum . Purolator THE BOSS . Mobil 1 . Keep it simple and end of discussion .

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
Til today I still don’t believe tear issue is exist. I don’t believe those cry wolf
Blah, blah, blah--and the men did not land on the moon, there was no holocaust, and the 9/11 attacks were an inside job, right?

Let Me Google That For You

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
27.gif
28.gif

Flame suit on!

How's this for an analogy ... sometimes people get lucky when playing Russian Roulette even with 3 of the 6 chambers loaded.
laugh.gif
wink.gif

Yep. Nice to see a good one, I'll still pass.

JJ
Thanks for the time and effort to show us this filter. Did this filter have the new ADBV design? I couldn’t tell. If you still have that ADBV, could you give us a picture of the other side?

What are we supposed to be able to tell about this filter from these pictures?

We see the side of the ADBV that is away from the tapping plate (though the tapping plate appears to be the design that prevents ADBV cuts anyway).

We see the element with a somewhat wide pleat, but no pictures of the media at where the pleat is glued.

Though I agree it looks fine from what we can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back