Who out there has a new Honda 2.0 Turbo 4? Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering how many out there have the new Honda 2.0 Turbo 4? What oil are you putting in it? 0w-20 is the spec

Last edited:
If I had one I'd use 5w30 or 0w30
27.gif

Any major brand will do fine. It should be dexos 1 Gen2 licensed. Most are now but there is old stock remaining on shelves so check closely.

I'm running 5w30 in my 1.5t. No audible or visual difference compared to 0w20. PP5w30 is close to 10cst as well as Ams SS. Really negligible difference in 20 and 30 weight here but gives a nice cushion to offset fuel dilution. just my 2c

Originally Posted By: DirtyApe
I'm going with spec but just looking to see what's a good brand with the small turbo engine.

I got the honda 1.5 liter turbo and I use Honda full synthetic 0w-20 during my "extended break-in" and then I put in what I call the 'good stuff', none other than the mighty Idemitsu 0w-20 full synthetic. Keep in mind, the KV100 is in the mid 8 for 0w-20 oil and the HT/HS=2.6. You don't need more than that as it covers up to 5w-20. Now the 30 weights will net you KV100 in the 10 range and 2.9 HT/HS but this engine is speceed for 0w-20 so you have to give that weight. look at my signature, lighter works better and in addition, in an engine designed for it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HondaBroMike
I'm going with spec but just looking to see what's a good brand with the small turbo engine.

I got the honda 1.5 liter turbo and I use Honda full synthetic 0w-20 during my "extended break-in" and then I put in what I call the 'good stuff', none other than the mighty Idemitsu 0w-20 full synthetic. Keep in mind, the KV100 is in the mid 8 for 0w-20 oil and the HT/HS=2.6. You don't need more than that as it covers up to 5w-20. Now the 30 weights will net you KV100 in the 10 range and 2.9 HT/HS but this engine is speceed for 0w-20 so you have to give that weight. look at my signature, lighter works better and in addition, in an engine designed for it.

Wow quite a bit of info, thank you!

Whatever you do DON'T put oh dubya forty like someone here suggested. Stick with the lighter stuff for a while at least maybe 10,000,then if you're up to it go a little heavier.0w40 ? C'mon roofless that's a new engine

Originally Posted By: madeej11
Whatever you do DON'T put oh dubya forty like someone here suggested. Stick with the lighter stuff for a while at least maybe 10,000,then if you're up to it go a little heavier.0w40 ? C'mon roofless that's a new engine

Yeah, and?

TEOST test data would be my friend. If I remember right, Castrol Edge 5w30 was the best or right at the top.

But you should get confirmation on this.....

Originally Posted By: HondaBroMike

What’s special about the Idemitsu 0w-20? It’s “Zepro Eco Medalist”used to contain a lot of molybdenum, but not sure this survived the reformulation to dexos1Gen2. And regular Idemitsu 0w-20 seems pretty unremarkable to me as a typical Group III base stock oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back