Compare ADBVs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone compared ADBVs in oil filters? Does anyone have filters you avoid because you've had a bad experience with their ADBV? I always use a filter with a silicone ADBV and use to prefer Champ Labs upper end filters. I liked their tight ADBV, that always looked like they sealed very well.

I avoid oil filters that use combination ADBV & BPV design, or combo valves for short. This includes Champ Labs manufactured ecore design as well as Wix manufactured installer grade filters with combo valves. I have not had ADBV function last for even a 3K mile oil change with either design of combo valve, and even had a Wix style wind up cockeyed in service dragging against the mounting nipple during removal, bypassing for who knows how much of that FCI.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Purolator Boss (and the older Purolator Synthetic) ADBV's tear around the base plate

Not all. More than one post of a PSL24651 on here without a torn ADBV, and the one I used kept oil above it when removed.

A silicone ADBV is always better ... so why not go for it?

Well of course ... just have to know what filters to buy that don't have shark bitten silicone ADBVs.

Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
Doesn't have to be sharkbit for me to avoid - any tear is bad enough for me.

+1

Originally Posted By: iunderpressure
Has anyone compared ADBVs in oil filters? Does anyone have filters you avoid because you've had a bad experience with their ADBV? I always use a filter with a silicone ADBV and use to prefer Champ Labs upper end filters. I liked their tight ADBV, that always looked like they sealed very well.

I took my truck to a Tire Kingdom to have the tires R&B. They had a Valvoline oil change special, $13.95 plus $2.00 disposal fee. The filter was a ProSelect. Upon start up my engine sounded like a woodpecker on a street light. I stopped at the 1st WM I came across and bought a MC FL-400S to have my friend install it for me immediately. My engine still thanks me to this day.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Well of course ... just have to know what filters to buy that don't have shark bitten silicone ADBVs.

There's a PUROLATOR filter C&P here on the forum with a shark bitten ADBV just waiting on your approval.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
I avoid oil filters that use combination ADBV & BPV design, or combo valves for short. This includes Champ Labs manufactured ecore design as well as Wix manufactured installer grade filters with combo valves. I have not had ADBV function last for even a 3K mile oil change with either design of combo valve, and even had a Wix style wind up cockeyed in service dragging against the mounting nipple during removal, bypassing for who knows how much of that FCI.

+1 the combo valve on an eCore loses ADBV function at about 2500 miles for me. I think a separate bypass valve would be better. That way the durometer of the ADBV can be optimized to minimize drainback.

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

I took my truck to a Tire Kingdom to have the tires R&B. They had a Valvoline oil change special, $13.95 plus $2.00 disposal fee. The filter was a ProSelect. Upon start up my engine sounded like a woodpecker on a street light.

Me thinks you have bigger internal engine problems than what an oil filter can fix if it's THAT BAD

There's a PUROLATOR filter C&P here on the forum with a shark bitten ADBV just waiting on your approval.
lol.gif

Here's the dude working 3rd shift on the ADBV manufacturing line.

lol.gif

Here's the dude working 3rd shift on the ADBV manufacturing line.

Z06, why are you sabotaging all of those ADBV's? Are you that jealous? Remember, jealousy is a disease.
crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back