NRA Scams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al

Getting a bit sick of their solicitians.

Got one yesterday that implied it was my membership renewal.

It said. "So please, rush your 2018 renewal statement back to me along with a generous contribution of $26"
Of course this is dead minimum..they want more.

I had to get my card to insure it was not my "Membership Renewal"..which it wasn't.

Dont get me wrong. I supporrt their aims but.............

+1
smile.gif
Its the new normal. Everyone is on TV asking me for just 19.99 a month.. For the kids For the Dogs For the orphans. The sad music playing. I change the channel

Last edited by a moderator:
Magazines have employed subscription and renewal notices which look like bills for years.

How many magazine subscriptions have been renewed by bored office workers assuming it's a legitimate bill.

I took out a life membership back in the 1970's , when I was just making peanuts . As far as I am concerned , if the NRA has squandered that money , they are not getting any more $$$ out of me .

Do not get me wrong , we are better off with the NRA than without it . However , that does not mean they have done a very cost effective job of doing what they are suspose to do .

After the way Chris Cox and Wayne LaPierre screwed the pooch after the Vegas tragedy combined with a board full of sunshine patriots and fudds (Marion Hammer), they won't be getting my money.

Get people like Adam Krautt (mispelled to keep from getting censored) on the board of directors and kick Wayne and Chris out of the organization and I will sign up as a life member. As it stands now the Gun Owners of America and the Second Amendment Foundation are the two national groups that get my money.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Al
Getting a bit sick of their solicitians.

These threads always start up from time to time, and they are all so unnecessary. If you are an NRA member and you do not wish to be contacted, simply call them and ask to be put on their "Do Not Call List". It's fast and easy, and it's a lot better than complaining. I've been a Life Member since 1976, and NEVER get bothered by them.

" You may ask us to remove you from the lists by: (1) emailing from our Contact Us page; (2) calling us at 1-800-672-3888; or (3) writing to us at National Rifle Association of America, 11250 Waples Mill Road; Fairfax, VA 22030."

https://membership.nrahq.org/privacy.asp

I just subscribe to their associate membership which is like $10/year and has no magazine or junk mail component. I have to keep a membership with them for my gun club eligibility.

The SAF and GOA are also worth donating to if you care about your rights that shall not be infringed.

NRA is not to blame here, these are private donation solicitation puppy mills, they call for other orgs like American Cancer etc. They keep a portion as a fee. Quite the racket.
If you want to donate to your favorite charity, just go online and do it.

I got a packet in the mail from them a few months ago with a free knife offer. Youtube search revealed the knife was made in China. I did keep the free sticker.

Buyer beware. Years ago, my mom got a renewal for Reader's Digest in April. She had just renewed for 3 years in January....so reading the fine print showed that it was a year extension from the third year ahead....

How about one I received recently telling me that my automotive driveline insurance was due for renewal if I wanted continued coverage?

Huh? I don't and never had signed up for any coverage of that type.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: stockrex
NRA is not to blame here, these are private donation solicitation puppy mills, they call for other orgs like American Cancer etc. They keep a portion as a fee. Quite the racket.
If you want to donate to your favorite charity, just go online and do it.

So very true.
When they call on the phone, ask them "how much of my money would actually go to the Charity" ?
The Charity generally gets 15% ...... The Solicitors keep 85%.

I support the ILA branch of the NRA because they have new and ongoing litigation, but other than that, I only sign up for the American Rifleman subscription.

If you'd bought a life membership way back when you wouldn't have to worry about this! But I always tease them about it at the gun shows. Asking them when the NRA is going to send me a notice to renew my Life membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back