VOA Amsoil HDEO Signature Series 5w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
It won't keep a crankshaft from breaking !
eek.gif

Originally Posted By: CT8
It won't keep a crankshaft from breaking !
eek.gif

Yeah . . . I cringed when I saw that. I had just put this in to finish out the winter, got tired of the heater and idling oil temp dropping to 130 for the 15w.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CleverUserName
Is this the new CK-4 formulation ?

Yes

Originally Posted By: rrounds
6 times more ? Sorry, I don't see anything special about that VOA.

ROD

Yep, because the statement that MolaKule has made before that most of today's anti-wear additives don't show up in a $30 UOA doesn't apply to Amsoil. Not on the VOA, not in the oil, right? Pure fabrication on his part, I'm sure.
33.gif

And I don't even use Amsoil.

One concern for me is Amsoil PDS shows viscosity at 15.4, this VOA shows 14.45?

they are cheap with the costly moly additive!!! no amsoil for me anymore since they quietly changed formulations + answer NO questions!!

NO Moly?? Once again, doesn't look worth the extra $$ to me vs off the shelf quality HDEO's at WalMart...

Seems to me like many of these high end "Boutique" oil companies suckered everyone in with a good ol fashioned "bait and switch" !!

Originally Posted By: racin4ds
NO Moly?? Once again, doesn't look worth the extra $$ to me vs off the shelf quality HDEO's at WalMart...

Seems to me like many of these high end "Boutique" oil companies suckered everyone in with a good ol fashioned "bait and switch" !!

1 or 2 $6 cans of Liqui Moly 2009 can remedy that deficiency.

Well it did cut my iron wear in half compared to T6. That's gotta be worth something?

www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4711386/2014_F250_6.7L,_Amsoil_SS_5w40#Post4711386

Please explain how you can extrapolate engine oil performance from a VOA.

Originally Posted By: 1JZ_E46

Please explain how you can extrapolate engine oil performance from a VOA.

I'm not "extrapolating" performance really, just noticing what additives are there and which aren't. You constantly see these VOA's changing on these boutique oils from year to year and some from month to month! I love seeing a very lame or mediocre VOA on this high end, supposed "unicorn tears" oil and know that my $22.00/gal of delo from WalMart would easily outperform it. But the world is full of suckers and one is born every minute, that is why companies like Royal Purple and Amsoil are still in business!

Good lord, I’d hate to see what you would say about the performance of Mobil 1 5W-30 ESP, based on its VOA. It meets some of the most difficult to meet gasoline engine oil specifications that exist.

Originally Posted By: CleverUserName

1 or 2 $6 cans of Liqui Moly 2009 can remedy that deficiency.

If it is a deficiency - and I'm not say it is at all and the HDEOs I've used had little or no moly - then why purchase the oil in the first place?

Amsoil HDEO and every other major oil on the market is perfectly serviceable as is, when used as directed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back