Route 66

Status
Not open for further replies.
erick_sandhillscurios001.jpg

I live 3 blocks from 66 in Mitchell, Il. Neat little restaurant there called Itty Bitty. Decked out in Rt 66 stuff.

Originally Posted By: tig1
I live 3 blocks from 66 in Mitchell, Il. Neat little restaurant there called Itty Bitty. Decked out in Rt 66 stuff.

Here's a pic of Itty Bitty.

Click here

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a friend of mine who drove on it and said the road was not in the best shape ... as far as the asphalt.

Wold love to drive it someday. The roads there have to still be better than Michigan roads.

Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
I had the opportunity to travel #66 from Il to CA in 1969.

It was quite a trip (in more ways than one
cool.gif
)

Had to have been a GREAT time to travel the Mother road

There is a great Little Motel right on 66 in Springfield, Mo.
The Best Western Route 66 Rail Haven.
I always Loved staying there on my way back and forth from visiting My brother when he lived in Tx.

they've kept the place up, without losing the 50's/Rt 66 Kitsch. and very reasonably priced.

there are almost always some Brits there in the Middle of the Route 66 Tour, and a Great Cornish Pasty truck just up the road.

I was excited to take my buddy to Ft Sill, OK for his brother's graduation from Boot Camp b/c it was largely the same route I would take to my brother's, and my Springfield Hotel was right on the way.(Ok, it was good to see the kid and the rest of their family too...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back