Liquid Glass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here, besides me, still use this product? For it being an old school product, it sure can hang with todays more modern paint sealants.
thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

I've used it in the past some 30 years ago however, for it's price, I didn't think it was better than other products. I paid ~ $18 years ago. How much is it today?

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
I've used it in the past some 30 years ago however, for it's price, I didn't think it was better than other products. I paid ~ $18 years ago. How much is it today?

I have seen it on EBAY for $25+.

I still have some and use it (received it as a gift). Works pretty good, though I would never have bought it myself.

My Dad used it back in the 70's. I have not seen it in years. I never hand wax a vehicle. Whatever wax the car wash sprays on it is good enough for me.

The only waxes we use are Nuwax "once a year" and Color Magic(blue) wax, but that stuff is [censored] hard to find in the U.S., probably some stupid EPA [censored].

Last edited:
I used Liquid Glass back in the 80's and early 90's. Stepped up to the newest and hottest waxes and sealants. Just this past year I got a can of Liquid Glass. Stuff works as well as any of the other high priced sealants that I used to use. I wax every six months. Liquid Glass still beads at the six month mark. Keeping it simple is my plan going forward.

Don

Liquid Glass is a good product but of course there are better options nowadays like Zaino and Blackfire.

Originally Posted By: carloz
Liquid Glass is a good product but of course there are better options nowadays like Zaino and Blackfire.

I have a container of this. It sure does wonders on dark paint.
I have never tried ZAINO, but always wanted to. Is it as good, or better than BLACKFIRE?

If you guys haven't used F11 you missed the easiest shine I have ever used! Plus it never turns any trim white, terrific stuff...

I've used it years ago with good results. I got it at a good price though. IMO there are better products for the same money, maybe less.

Used it for years with great results. Stopped using it a couple years tried a number new products. Then went back to using it as my basecoat and then applying Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax #845 over top. Maybe not what most would do but it has been working well for me.

Last edited:
Used to use Liquid Glass back in the day and always had good results with it, but as time went on I found something I liked better. Never will knock the product though. I remember as a kid my dad having a can in his garage.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
If you guys haven't used F11 you missed the easiest shine I have ever used! Plus it never turns any trim white, terrific stuff...

Is this the product you're referring to? If so, which one do you use, and how do YOU apply it?

https://topcoat.store

I don't buy it but I use it on a family members black car. It doesn't take out little scratches but it seems very easy to put on and take off. Seems to come off even less smeary than some spray waxes that I've used. I always do two coats because it's so easy to do. If I was paying I would try something cheaper/newer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back