Mercury Verado 25W-50 ~4-Stroke Outboard Oil~ VOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was curious to see how Mercury Verado 25W-50 would do on a VOA. Interesting to notice its very similar to a HDEO oil. Can anybody guess what oil it really is? FYI this oil Retails for $42/gal.

"This looks like a solid diesel-use oil with a strong additive package. The main additives are calcium, phosphorous, and zinc. This oil also uses molybdenum and boron. The viscosity was a quite bit thicker than a 15W-40, but read in the middle of the 20W-50-grade range. The TBN read 9.2, showing plenty of active additive remaining. No moisture or solids were present. This oil should work well for you."

-Blackstone

veradoVOA.png

Last edited:
Looks like I'd run Mobil 1 15w-50 or Valvoline VR1 20w-50 before I'd pay $42/gal for that.

I will run Amsoil Racing 15W-50 for 1 OCI, then will probably stick with M1 15W50. Unless the Amsoil does better.

Originally Posted By: Balla
I will run Amsoil Racing 15W-50 for 1 OCI, then will probably stick with M1 15W50. Unless the Amsoil does better.

His post was from 2012. You may have to PM him if he is still around. My guess is, lots, oil wise with Merc has changed since then.

Originally Posted By: paulswagelock
Can you repost the results since the host site deleted the image?

Wrong quote picked. This is the one I meant to reply too.
blush.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back