Donaldson dbl7349 vs elf7349

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the difference between these filters? Other than a part number and color change?

Last edited by a moderator:
They expanded and standardized the Blue product line, absorbing the old ELF line and putting it all under the same heading.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Does it still filter the same at 15 microns?

Yes. It is the exact same filter from what I can see, it's just blue now.

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
what does a FRAM ultra filter at?

Very similar, if not nearly identical.

The Donaldson is the better built filter, though (and has a lot more surface area inside)

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: rrounds
This is from Donaldson. This is for the dbl line of filters
....remove more than 90% of contaminants that are 10 microns or larger.....

Here is the specs of all the Donaldson filters, fuel and lube

https://www.donaldson.com/content/dam/do...oduct-Guide.pdf

ROD

This particular filter is listed as 99% at 15 microns FWIW.

Yes it is just like all the other filters in the DBL line of filters. Donaldson also writes that all of the DBL line of filters filter out 90% of contaminants that are 10 microns or larger, compared to 50% or less for typical cellulose filters.

I'm going to put a Donaldson P502503 on my S2000 after I get the adapter made. Even though it's not in the DBL line it still has the 99% @ 15 micron rating.

ROD

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
This is from Donaldson. This is for the dbl line of filters
....remove more than 90% of contaminants that are 10 microns or larger.....

Here is the specs of all the Donaldson filters, fuel and lube

https://www.donaldson.com/content/dam/do...oduct-Guide.pdf

ROD

This particular filter is listed as 99% at 15 microns FWIW.

Yes it is just like all the other filters in the DBL line of filters. Donaldson also writes that all of the DBL line of filters filter out 90% of contaminants that are 10 microns or larger, compared to 50% or less for typical cellulose filters.

I'm going to put a Donaldson P502503 on my S2000 after I get the adapter made. Even though it's not in the DBL line it still has the 99% @ 15 micron rating.

ROD

50% @ 7 microns. Very nice!

Thinking of running this filter on my 2017 Ram 6.7L CTD - I have read via the net that this filter is designed with no internal by-pass.

Is this correct?

If so - I will stick with the Stratapore!

Originally Posted by -SyN-
Thinking of running this filter on my 2017 Ram 6.7L CTD - I have read via the net that this filter is designed with no internal by-pass.

Is this correct?

If so - I will stick with the Stratapore!
Your Cummins uses the same filter as my '06 (and older 5.9s)-the bypass is in the block. My Venturi doesn't have a bypass either, I'm pretty sure none of them have one.

The Donaldson DBL7349 is probably the most efficient full flow lube filter you can get, I've been using them on my Cummins for awhile now. Without getting into bypass filtration such as a true bypass system or even the Fleetguard LF9028 for the Cummins, its hard to beat the Donaldson especially for the pricing online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back