what is "cold" for ATF

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would in my book.

20C is the cold mark on my Volvo's, and the left side of the level chart for my MB NAG1. 85C is warm.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
It would in my book.

20C is the cold mark on my Volvo's, and the left side of the level chart for my MB NAG1. 85C is warm.

The NAG1 in my Jeep has never gone over 79C no matter where, when, or how long I've driven it.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
It would in my book.

The NAG1 in my Jeep has never gone over 79C no matter where, when, or how long I've driven it.

I was referring to the scale on my chart. I've got the ATRA rebuilder manual for that transmission, so that I can properly set the fluid level after a filter change.

I've never monitored the transmission temperature, though. I've got no idea what it runs at, but I imagine a few full throttle runs, putting 500+HP though it (and nearly 600lbft of torque), just might get it over 85C... Now you've got me wondering...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
It would in my book.

I was referring to the scale on my chart. I've got the ATRA rebuilder manual for that transmission, so that I can properly set the fluid level after a filter change.

I've never monitored the transmission temperature, though. I've got no idea what it runs at, but I imagine a few full throttle runs, putting 500+HP though it (and nearly 600lbft of torque), just might get it over 85C... Now you've got me wondering...

I got ya.
wink.gif
It was the word "warm" that got me. I have the chart, and the special dipstick tool to read the fluid level to dial it in based on temperature. Mine never reached warm. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back