Any USA made front control arms for Saturn Vue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking on Rock Auto for my 04 Vue https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/saturn,2004,vue,3.5l+v6,1431803,suspension,control+arm,10401 I see Moog R line and Mevotech for around $75 each and AC Delco at $95 plus a few cheaper off brands I wouldn't even consider. All made in China. I can understand some Chinese brands are pretty good, but are the Chinese AC Delco worth the price premium? Any other choices besides OEM which would be over $200 each not including the bushings?

Originally Posted By: Donald
Its a 14 yr old Saturn. Get them from the "economy" section on RockAuto.

It's a 14 year old Saturn with the updated Honda transmission and the best non-VCM Honda V6 ever made. With proper maintenance, only rust and accidents stand in the way of another decade or more of service.

Spend more and get the dealer ones, or at least inquire with the dealer to check for availability. Bought them for an '05 Cobalt about three years ago and they were made in Canada. Not much more in cost than the aftermarket ACDelco on Rockauto.

Originally Posted By: drtyler
Spend more and get the dealer ones, or at least inquire with the dealer to check for availability. Bought them for an '05 Cobalt about three years ago and they were made in Canada. Not much more in cost than the aftermarket ACDelco on Rockauto.

If they were not much more I would, but they're a [censored] of a lot more. https://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.com/s...trimLevel=25923 Control arm with ball joint, $200. Front bushing $50. Rear bushing NLA so I'd have to buy a Chinese made equivalent anyway. Would cost 3 times as much for dealer parts.

I handle the Redline version of the Vue with Honda V6. This will be my 4th one to redo and have had them with over 200,000 miles still looking and running great.

large.jpg

large.jpg

Last edited:
That's what I'm leaning towards. Already bought ACDelco front wheel bearings made in USA and Monroe Reflex struts made in USA. But the Monroe strut mounts were made in Taiwan. Oh well. Almost impossible to tell county of origin before buying the part.

Don't really need either but I have everything apart to replace the struts and wheel bearings and it would only take a few minutes to replace now vs. hours starting from the beginning. It has 190,000 miles so having everything replaced would help it sell when I'm done.

Originally Posted By: atikovi
They are $170 plus shipping but don't include the two bushings which would add another $100 per side. Ordered the AC Delco from Rock today.

Check this out. $125 plus shipping, so $140 altogether
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: atikovi
Yea, that's the AC Delco arm I ordered from Rock for $100.

No, it isn't.

ACDelco has three product lines: GM Original Equipment, which is exactly what it sounds like, the actual OE parts. Rock Auto does sell the GM Original equipment for most parts, but not all of them.

Then they have the Professional line, which is midgrade aftermarket parts like the one you got.

And finally, the Advantage line is a cheap economy line.

Regardless, the one you got looks decent, and I hope it gives you good service life
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back