GM announces profit-sharing checks up to $11,750

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good on them, they didn't have to share anything, their employees do get paid to work.

And Ford and Chrysler giving big checks too. Nice to see the workers benefit as well as stockholders.

Take some of that money and reimburse owners of early to mid 2000 SUV and Truck owners for the [censored] and unpainted rocker panel design

whistle.gif

How about repaying grants given to GM to stay afloat. Then distribute to the taxpayers that actually paid those grants.

Originally Posted By: tcp71
How about repaying grants given to GM to stay afloat. Then distribute to the taxpayers that actually paid those grants.

This.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Up to $11,750 could mean one person got $11,750 and the rest got $1000.

Correct, based on their seniority will determine the amount the employee will receive.

But $1000 is much better than $0

Yea crumbs right? :rolleyes: Are you worth 27 million?

So the gov. can spend that money on the sex life of a wood beetle?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice

Correct, based on their seniority will determine the amount the employee will receive.

But $1000 is much better than $0

Exactly. Once again they didn't have to give any of their employees anything more than a paycheck.
wink.gif

What he said ^^^^
GM was saved by a taxpayer funded bail-out, so now their employees get a bonus?
At least they are working to get their welfare check.
A Government Motors vehicle will never again be owned by me.

I'm glad GM was saved, lots of new Chevys and other GM all over here. Like them, well done GM. Guy down the street has a new Corvette. Not like in the 50's when everyone could buy a new Chevy but nice still here. They get a huge tax break this year, and are doing well, why not reward employees. Makes me want to stick with GM in the future. Grandpa always had a new Chevy, once about every twenty years I guess. Last one was A 58, I'm very happy GM was saved, true American icon.

My company gave all of their employees a nice profit sharing check (they always pay them on Valentines day) this year. It's a small amount less than last years check but it's still a wonderful way of saying thanks to the shop floor worker who is working around the clock, 24/7 keeping the operation running.

The company always sends out corporate finance information defining what their earnings are and their expenses, etc. They don't say this in their publications but they do elude to it in their numbers that the profit sharing payouts hugely help their tax burden. The company could just as easily find other capital expenditures to consume their profits and give nothing to the workers so I am very pleased that they do what they do.

My 2017 profit sharing payout will be equal to my annual 401K maximum contribution. The company didn't have to give me one penny so I am VERY appreciative of this. I'm nothing more than a blue collar shop floor worker who is owed nothing but a paycheck. I'm very thankful for what I receive.

GM paid back it's loan in full with interest in 2010. I don't remember what the government did with the GM stock it received, but I think they sold it for a profit. Very happy we are not living in 1920 where 12 hour days six days a week were the norm, with zero benefits and almost no wages. My father went to work at 14 as a machinist, and that's exactly how his life was, for $3 per week. No time off unless you don't want to be paid and have another man in your place. So glad we got unionized and now we have the benefits we do. People have no idea how the common person suffered day to day back when companies used people with no concern about their lives.
34.gif

Originally Posted By: Al

Yea crumbs right? :rolleyes: Are you worth 27 million?

So the gov. can spend that money on the sex life of a wood beetle?

She was talking about the $1000 being crumbs for the company compared to their tax break, not the person getting $1000. OMG as they say.
34.gif

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
I'm glad GM was saved, lots of new Chevys and other GM all over here. Like them, well done GM. Guy down the street has a new Corvette. Not like in the 50's when everyone could buy a new Chevy but nice still here. They get a huge tax break this year, and are doing well, why not reward employees. Makes me want to stick with GM in the future. Grandpa always had a new Chevy, once about every twenty years I guess. Last one was A 58, I'm very happy GM was saved, true American icon.

I do not have a issue with rewarding employees with company funds, but when tax money is used to save a company, why not reward the taxpayer that funded the "saved" company? A failing business model that needed taxpayer money to stay in business is a true American icon? Really?

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
GM paid back it's loan in full with interest in 2010. I don't remember what the government did with the GM stock it received, but I think they sold it for a profit. Very happy we are not living in 1920 where 12 hour days six days a week were the norm, with zero benefits and almost no wages. My father went to work at 14 as a machinist, and that's exactly how his life was, for $3 per week. No time off unless you don't want to be paid and have another man in your place. So glad we got unionized and now we have the benefits we do. People have no idea how the common person suffered day to day back when companies used people with no concern about their lives.
34.gif

I'm almost certain the taxpayers LOST on the GM bailout.....I am totally certain that the stockholders lost....No GMs for me.

Good for the workers. But I am likely not in the market for a GM truck later this year when I will probably buy a new one. The Silverado and Sierra crew cabs are made in Mexico, and I'm not spending $40k on something made in Mexico. So I guess it is Ram or F-150 (I know some Rams are also made in Mexico currently, so I'll have to pay attention to the VIN).

Originally Posted By: FowVay
My company gave all of their employees a nice profit sharing check (they always pay them on Valentines day) this year. It's a small amount less than last years check but it's still a wonderful way of saying thanks to the shop floor worker who is working around the clock, 24/7 keeping the operation running.

The company always sends out corporate finance information defining what their earnings are and their expenses, etc. They don't say this in their publications but they do elude to it in their numbers that the profit sharing payouts hugely help their tax burden. The company could just as easily find other capital expenditures to consume their profits and give nothing to the workers so I am very pleased that they do what they do.

My 2017 profit sharing payout will be equal to my annual 401K maximum contribution. The company didn't have to give me one penny so I am VERY appreciative of this. I'm nothing more than a blue collar shop floor worker who is owed nothing but a paycheck. I'm very thankful for what I receive.

You and your co-workers are lucky! enjoy the fruits of your hard work
Saying Thank you and "Thank you" is a lost art.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back