Live view from the Tesla orbiting the Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. So, when it is supposed to transition from the orbital speed and get the boost to Mars (if at all)?

And it is not live, btw.

What?
The dashboard panel has already gone bad on the most nurtured Tesla in the world? Sorry >universe?

I got bagged for calling Musk the modern day PT Barnum a few weeks ago.

Ego driven panspermia...cool.

Easy there Tiger … don’t get yourself voted off the island …
Panspermia TM has already been trademarked as an ever lasting engine (and musk oil) even beyond awesome for mortal land lovers …

Last edited:
That's what being a 20x billionaire will do. He can pretty much "show off" any way he wants. Kind of interesting to see someone with some flare.

THAT... WAS... AWESOME.
My favorite part was "Don't Panic" on the roadster's flat panel display.

I've come to like Elon Musk. I think they sealed it with the release of the Spacex blooper reel. The dancing rocket at 1:20 cracks me up and the use of John Phillips Sousa's "Liberty Bell March" was spot on.

Amazing achievement, and a reminder that failures are just the price of success.

Is it some kind of advertising gimmick too for a write off? After all he stuffed a Tesla in it.

Originally Posted By: Kira
Is that a live image from a space craft?

Since the roadster is in space, I suppose it's a spacecraft...technically...

Originally Posted By: Y_K
Thank you. So, when it is supposed to transition from the orbital speed and get the boost to Mars (if at all)?

And it is not live, btw.

Burn already happened...and it looks like there was more deltaV than planned, so it's more like Asteroid belt for Aphelion now...

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
That's what being a 20x billionaire will do. He can pretty much "show off" any way he wants. Kind of interesting to see someone with some flare.

Thing is that NASA is a bloated Gov. organization that like any Gov agency can not get out of its own way. To be fair though, innovation is risky and if it fails your dept loses $$$$$ funding. NASA will never go to another Planet or the Moon..the risk is to high. But really there is no need. Instrumentation can do a superior job.

I of course give NASA credit for Hubble and all the other instrumentation that have furthered the science of cosmology. I am so excited about the James Weff telescope to be launched in 2019

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
I watched this for a while and can someone explain why from the same camera angle the earth comes and goes into view? If the roadster is strapped to a rocket on a trajectory to orbit sun, why is it rotating on its own axis?

It was put into an elyptical orbit around earth for about 6 hours. Then the final rocket burned, pushing it outward into further orbit. It will continue orbiting the earth, sun, and planets for the next hundreds of millions/billions of years. Most spacecraft have tiny rocket motors that they can use to keep the spacecraft in a straight fashion, or to adjust its telemetry. From what I understand, this Tesla has nothing like that, so it will just spin around endlessly for practically forever until it collides with something or burns up in the atmosphere of the sun or some planet.

It seems like just some random piece of garbage someone decided to litter space with. Was there actually a purpose to this or was it done just for the hellovit?

The ignorance of some people in this thread to the development and testing of a rocket is really amazing. What do you think the payloads were of historical launch vehicles during their development? What about AS-201? AS-202? Apollo 4? Apollo 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back