Which Schaeffer's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 4 commercial mowers that I need to keep lubed up. I have 5 tubes of Schaeffer's #238 in my inventory and was wondering if this would be good to use or if I should buy something different? I want to use the same grease if possible in the blade spindles, wheels, etc.

I like Schaeffer's products and supporting made in the US. I've used Red n tacky in the past but looking for something to give me a little more longevity.

Thanks for any input

Thanks salesrep
Can you explain to me why I would be told not to use the extra tack in the blade spindles? Just curious. I appreciate your reply.

Originally Posted By: shane772
Thanks salesrep
Can you explain to me why I would be told not to use the extra tack in the blade spindles? Just curious. I appreciate your reply.

Do not know why. 238 is the "hulk" of our line up, Personally I would use 229 or 274 here.

Originally Posted By: salesrep

Do not know why. 238 is the "hulk" of our line up, Personally I would use 229 or 274 here.

I picked up some 274 today. I think I'll use 274 for my mowers and keep using the 238 on the tractor. Thanks again, really was a big help.

Picked up a new mower today. It's a John Deere and has SD polyurea grease in it. Will my 274 be compatible with it?

got a response from the Schaeffer's email team. They verified the 274 IS compatible with the JD polyurea grease.

01.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back