MagnaFilter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone heard of MagnaFilter? It spins on before the oil filter. Just curious. Hope everyone is well.

Last edited:
Ran across it on Youtube...peaked my interest. Will look up cost.

IIRC its sold as a limited (though long) life disposable, in that it isn't built to be disassembled and cleaned.

If this is correct, it is not good.

Considered it for my Montero. But, with the 4x4 I do, it could be a weak link. I wanted to put an inline filter on my transmission and my mechanic did not recommend it. As it could be a weak link and isn't necessary. I figured if it were necessary, the Japanese engineers that designed would have included it. They over engineered my particular model. Just luck for me!

For everyday driving you should be ok. Let us know if you decide, they are not expensive. There's even a pic of one being cut open.

Respectfully,

Pajero!

Thanks to all. Will pass and don't like the unable to clean aspect. Convinced FilerMAG is the way to go. Goodnight all.

Originally Posted By: mbacfp
Thanks to all. Will pass and don't like the unable to clean aspect. Convinced FilerMAG is the way to go. Goodnight all.

If there's enough room all the way around your spin-on oil filter, I'd use a pair of FilterMags, even better!

Check the Pics on cut open filters with FilterMags on. Been using them 4 yrs now, wish I thought of it in 1975!

FILTERMAG vs HOMEBREW
https://app.box.com/s/uxvu8dmscf5wcgftutdm0ejqwgn86tw7

I have been doing this since 2007:

Originally Posted By: Linctex

Magnets are 8mm (5/16" x 5/32" thick) N50 neodymium

That is really thinking out of the box. Ingenious! What model oil filter is this?

Respectfully.

Pajero!

Good! Add more bro any way you can for visibly cleaner oil longer and lower metals in a UOA!

I like Linctex's setup. Simple, cheap, reusable, exposed directly to flow vs external- and requires no filter cutting to observe what you are catching.

As a magnet user Im bummed I didn't think of it.

As long as it fits - the magna filter likely works as well as about anything, but have never been a fan of throw away products don't like that I can't see what it catches - nor do I much care for adding additional sealing surfaces.

UD

Last edited:
Linctex, awesome idea. What magnets do you use? One of the best ideas I have seen on here. Thanks for sharing. Nevermind see magnets up top.

Last edited:
Been on my remote transmission filter a couple years … top/left in photo … was swapping XP for XG16 …

Really can’t be cleaned … figured I change every 3 years … (doing filter yearly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back