Squirrel In my engine compartment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a real solution to keep a squirrel out of the engine compartment? I have one car that sets low to the ground and that critter loves to have lunch on top of the engine. I have tried dryer sheets but those don't work.

Have a heart trap next to you car with peanuts for bait. When you catch it you put the trap in a 32 gal garbage can filled with water for five minutes.

Place a bologna sandwich with white bread and American cheese on top of the engine each day. After a month or two he'll become so fat and lazy he won't want to climb up there anymore.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Have a heart trap next to you car with peanuts for bait. When you catch it you put the trap in a 32 gal garbage can filled with water for five minutes.

NO!

Trap and release in a park.

Try moth balls, they stink . If that doesn’t work get out the M1A1 RAT TRAP. And some peanut butter.. I know someone who had a very expensive sensor go bad from a critter nest a few years back. You don’t wanna go there .. also consider some Asian car manufacturers are now using a vegetable based insulation on the wiring to be
mad.gif
green. It’s proving quite edible to the rodent population. Under no circumstances use Deacon . The last thing you want is them dying in some hidden crevice and rotting. Good luck

Originally Posted By: GravelRoad

NO!

Trap and release in a park.
Illegal! I don't like to kiil them either but it's a crime to relocate him.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Place a bologna sandwich with white bread and American cheese on top of the engine each day. After a month or two he'll become so fat and lazy he won't want to climb up there anymore.
I don't care who you are this is funny.
lol.gif
lol.gif

Last edited:
Get some Critter Ridder. Lowes sells it. I got a bottle on Amazon. Had a problem with squirrels eating wires in my trucks engine compartment, and under the vehicle. Every week spray that stuff in the wheel wells and around the rear axle center section, and haven't had a problem since using it.

Originally Posted By: littleant
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
I don't care who you are this is funny.
lol.gif
lol.gif

Yes that's funny but this is just sick.

Originally Posted By: jonnyjohnson

01.gif

Between my Grandpa and I we've killed 500+ squirrels out of their front yard in the last 5 years or so. Grandma decided she wanted to start feeding the birds, which of course brought the squirrels. But they aren't out there eating too long. That .22 is dialed in right on the money.
wink.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dishdude
Drowning a squirrel that's locked in a cage is pretty sick.
Some people are just disgusting.

Originally Posted By: Trav
but this is just sick.

Originally Posted By: jonnyjohnson

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Drowning a squirrel that's locked in a cage is pretty sick.

I agree. I get killing pests when necessary. But be humane about it. Drowning would be an awful way to die. At least make it quick and minimize suffering.

Even if it could mean a fine if I got caught I would relocate in some far off woods or big park. Just keep an eye out for police when you do it and you will probably get away with it.

BTW, I have no problem with killing rats,be it with traps or rat poison. There is some concern when using rat poison because there is a slight chance of getting other animals such as cats, squirrels, or chipmunks.

I used a big humane live trap to try to ketch something that built a large hole in our back yard. All I got was a Squirrel. I relocated it to the woods by a park about a mile away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back