Ideas for my left over Mobil 0w-20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please lets not debate thick vs. thin! I just want some ideas how to used 4 qts. of leftover 0W-20 M1. (The back story: it was for my daughters car that was shipped to Alaska.) Moving on, best ideas to blend it off for use in a 2005 Silverado, 5.3? I normally use 10W-30 in hot South TX. Thanks.

Send it to me!
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Please lets not debate thick vs. thin! I just want some ideas how to used 4 qts. of leftover 0W-20 M1. (The back story: it was for my daughters car that was shipped to Alaska.) Moving on, best ideas to blend it off for use in a 2005 Silverado, 5.3? I normally use 10W-30 in hot South TX. Thanks.

Actually the watery stuff is the recommended(as if there really is one) cure for the infamous GM Piston Slap. I dropped down to 5w30 and it really seemed to help. That and turning up the radio
wink.gif

Best ideas to blend it off for use in a 2005 Silverado, 5.3? I normally use 10W-30 in hot South TX. Thanks.
Blend it with Mobil1 15w50, 1 quart to complete your mix. Increases viscosity enough to make it good in the V8.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
Bring it to Walmart to return for store credit, and use the store credit to buy what you use.

That’s what I’d do.

Its 4 qts. leftover from the opened 5 Qt. Jug, so I cannot return it.

My truck takes 6 Qts, so I am thinking using it up 1 or 2 Qts at a time. Maybe with 5 Qts of SuperTech 10w-40 for a 5K interval?

My truck takes 6 Qts, so I am thinking using it up 1 or 2 Qts at a time. Maybe with 5 Qts of SuperTech 10w-40 for a 5K interval?
Its a good idea to go to a M1 High Mileage 10w40 on an older V8 like yours. You only need 20% 10w40 to get it up to a 30 weight.

Do you have a mother-in-law that you can't stand? Have you ever cooked her a nice breakfast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back