Is the walmart Mobil 1 etc same as any other store

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that walmart strike deals with major brands to create a walmart specific brand with the name brand logo. I.e. some ice cream in walmart is less creamy even though it's Bryer's etc.

same goes for Levi's Jeans and Wranglers, the Walmart versions are of inferior quality.

Thus, has anyone tested the Mobil 1 or Penzzoil to see if the ones bought at Walmart are equivalent in quality to let say O'Raileys?

http://www.businessinsider.com/what-not-to-buy-at-walmart-2016-9

I'd say yes for the oil part. I also bought an HP laptop that was specifically made for walmart. Junk.

It's the same stuff.
So if I get Levi 511 jeans at Walmart, they will be inferior to Levi 511 jeans at Macys?
Hate to tell you, Bryer,s ice cream sucks. They made a big stink about telling the world how real their ice cream was
and they were one of the first that cheeped out and was required by law by needing to rename some flavors "frozen dairy desert".

Mobil 1 has this in their FAQ, they say that every version of M1 sold anywhere is the same, there is no lower quality version. And there are many of us here who buy M1 at Walmart and we can see from our UOAs that the oil is the same as versions purchased in other places.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
It's the same stuff.
So if I get Levi 511 jeans at Walmart, they will be inferior to Levi 511 jeans at Macys?
Hate to tell you, Bryer,s ice cream sucks. They made a big stink about telling the world how real their ice cream was
and they were one of the first that cheeped out and was required by law by needing to rename some flavors "frozen dairy desert".

Not if you buy 511 but if you buy Levi's Signature (most folks won't pay attention to the second part) then yeah those are specifically cheapo made for walmart.

Originally Posted By: Patman
Mobil 1 has this in their FAQ, they say that every version of M1 sold anywhere is the same, there is no lower quality version. And there are many of us here who buy M1 at Walmart and we can see from our UOAs that the oil is the same as versions purchased in other places

Ding ding, we have a winner in this answer.

Any more conspiracy theory questions?

Originally Posted By: tempnexus
Originally Posted By: skyactiv
It's the same stuff.

Not if you buy 511 but if you buy Levi's Signature (most folks won't pay attention to the second part) then yeah those are specifically cheapo made for walmart.

511's aren't available at Walmart as far as I know. You have to go to a higher end retail store like JCP,Dillard's,or Macy's.

Once upon a time I carpool with a person working at Safeway HQ on purchasing, and they said they know WM is getting some minor difference version of laundry detergent than other stores (i.e. only the fragrance is different). I personally haven't seen this but I do know that Whole Food sell a different version of Anne's chocolate bunny crackers because they refuse certain ingredients (I think it was preservative) in their stores.

Can you imagine Fram who is on a high note with there ultra filter reducing quality just so Walmart can sell them for less. Or any oil maker like Mobil Shell Pennzoil QS reducing quality for Walmart. Walmart can sell for less because of the huge quantity's they purchase. Just my opinion.

If you look at PQIA's voa's,a lot of their tested oil comes from Walmart. Walmart's oil is the same as all the oils sold at the overpriced parts chains,except Walmart always has the freshest stock and the best prices.

It’s the same oil and as I recall from one of the experts here, if it wasn’t, Mobil or whichever company in question would have to get certification and such on that formula which costs money.

Just make sure the jug is factory sealed and the filter you buy has the exact filter inside the box. Good prices come with some pitfalls caused by unscrupulous scallawags

Companies do provide Wal-Mart & other stores with cheap name branded products specifically for that chain store. Electronics & clothes are some of these. However, motor oil is not.

Automotive-related parts (oil, filters, tires, etc) are the same at Walmart as they are anywhere else, the only exception being Walmart-specific private labels or models, such as Goodyear's Viva line of tires and I think Michelin makes a special Walmart-exclusive wiper. Otherwise, they are the same product. For example, a Fram Ultra filter sold at Walmart is the same Ultra sold elsewhere. Mobil 1 oil sold at Walmart is the same as M1 sold in any auto parts store. General Altimax RT43 tires sold at Walmart are the same as those sold from Tire Rack or your local tire shop.

Even Walmart's own exclusive private versions, such as Goodyear Viva tires, Douglas, General's Exclaim series, the ST oil and filters, the Michelin Optimum XT wipers, etc are still decent. Inferior auto parts could cause a huge safety hazard and would just beg for lawsuits, especially since everybody likes to sue Walmart.

But this only applies to the auto department. Everything else from Walmart is indeed inferior to the counterparts sold elsewhere, but that is OK because the consequences of poor quality Walmart Levi's jeans are much less severe than an inferior tire, for example.

Originally Posted By: littleant
Can you imagine Fram who is on a high note with there ultra filter reducing quality just so Walmart can sell them for less. Or any oil maker like Mobil Shell Pennzoil QS reducing quality for Walmart. Walmart can sell for less because of the huge quantity's they purchase. Just my opinion.

If there is a buck or two to be made, you bet they would. That is the name of the game these days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back