Winter Storm Blah, Blah, Blah

Status
Not open for further replies.

MolaKule

Staff member
If the current winter storm is named "Liam," will the next storm be named, "Neeson?"
confused2.gif
lol.gif

Last edited:
They started naming everything Just to instill the Pavlovian response in all of us.

Out west, we get 60-70 mph storms come through every winter and they call them.............. storms.

Roads might get icy here for a few hours and everyone is freaking out. We'll be back to the high 60s by Friday.

Everyone has gone insane.

We got 3" of snow yesterday on top of what we got several weeks ago. Street are in good shape and most drivers were observing the six second count following distance except for a couple of dorks who probably can't count to six. Eight degree weather keeps traction manageable. I like to start out on ice or snow packed surfaces by seeing how much braking force is required to actuate the ABS. Very good way to determine safe following distance. When in doubt, increase following distance. From watching YouTube videos of Russian drivers, I would say most of them can't count,know nothing of safe driving habits and are tired of living.Apparently U turns are allowed in Russia. See lots of wheels coming off too. Saw one yesterday where the entire axle assembly came off a semi-trailer, including the air actuators and part of the air lines.

Naming winter storms conforms to NO METEORLOGICAL STANDARD anywhere in the world. It’s an invention by The Weather Channel to sell marketing, further a political agendena and enhance viewership. The Weahter Channel died when NBC bought it several years ago. A person under 40 wouldn’t know any of this and would unknowingly submit to the brainwashing and the Koolaid.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Powerglide
Naming winter storms conforms to NO METEORLOGOCAL STANDARD anywhere in the world. It’s an invention by The Weather Channel to sell marketing, further a political agendena and enhance viewership. The Weahter Channel died when NBC bought it several years ago. A person under 40 wouldn’t know any of this and would unknowingly submit to the brainwashing and the Koolaid.

Actually I believe none of what you said is true.

https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/storm-names.html

That’s because you’re in MA and you didn’t read the article in the link you posted. Re-read YOUR article and take note that HURRICANES and TROPICAL STORMS are named. Winter storms-NEGATVE. KOOLAID—Drink up. Skoal.

The problem is, the NWS is now buying into this garbage.

I have an app on my phone which notifies me when there is storm activity. The problem is, it keeps going off every 20 minutes that there is a winter storm warning.

Woo. 8'' of snow. We're in Central NY ... 8'' of snow is something we don't even think about.

Ahh that was about tropical storms and hurricanes.... Not about winter storms, blizzards, or Pacific coast storms etc.. Trust me when I tell you this..... The National Weather Service was not all too impressed or pleased with this stunt pulled by the Weather channel... There was really no coordination between the WC people and the NWS. Bet you there are some aggervated people from the NWS and Weather Prediction Center inside their people towards the Champions at the roopty Doo Weather channel.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
It will have a very unique particular set of skills.

It doesn't know who you are, and it doesn't know what you want.. but it will find you, and it will kill you.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Ahh that was about tropical storms and hurricanes.... Not about winter storms, blizzards, or Pacific coast storms etc.. Trust me when I tell you this..... The National Weather Service was not all too impressed or pleased with this stunt pulled by the Weather channel... There was really no coordination between the WC people and the NWS. Bet you there are some aggervated people from the NWS and Weather Prediction Center inside their people towards the Champions at the roopty Doo Weather channel.

It used to be only hurricanes were named. This is or was a east coast thing. We never had anything named on the west coast unless it was the occasional hurricane coming out of the Baja area.

Just a couple of weeks ago we had a storm hit the WA and OR coast. There are several every winter. 60-70 knot winds. 30foot plus surf. The bars were closed. No name was given nor was one needed.

Now they name tropical storms and soon depressions as well. It’s all hullabaloo

Edit: the bars I refer to are not the bars you first think of. River bars

Last edited:
In northern Michigan we have always named our storms. For example, we called yesterdays' snowstorm "Monday".

A couple of no-name hurricanes caused significant change in the coastal barrier of MA. So did the blizzard of'78. Nor'easters can pack a wallop. They are a force of nature. Naming them, does little to counter their awesomeness. What is next, naming heat waves?

If naming a heat wave in the middle of July furthers a political narrative. Then yes TWC and it’s parent NBC will start doing so. In fact you may be on to something that in my humble opinion may already be in the works. Another manufactured, politically engineered crisis to achieve a means to an end. And YOU’LL pay to “fix” it. More redistributive transfer of wealth so popular these days-especially amount the younger set. It ain’t about the weather or the environment. Follow the MONEY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back