Remote filter opinions and options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long story short I am in the middle of swapping a 1uzfe (toyota v8) from a sc400 into my 82 Malibu.

I have to run a remote filter because any of the stock locations will interfere with my steering box. Aluminum adapters with AN or NPT threads exist so thats not a problem.

I have no prior experience with remote mounts so I do not know what to look for other then fittings. Any better then others? Also are they all have to be with the filter down or can they be positioned with the filter pointing up (like a FRS/BRZ). Pointing up I think will be easier for me to set up in the engine bay.

Sounds to me like there's a good backstory to this swap.

Mount the filter any which way that will make access easy. If you're doing all this work you can certainly reposition if you have a problem.

I ran a remote filter on my Gen Coupe for three years. The adapter did have the ports for the fittings pointed down. I used some 90*s. Worked OK with no problems. You should replace the hose every five years or so.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Sounds to me like there's a good backstory to this swap.

Mount the filter any which way that will make access easy. If you're doing all this work you can certainly reposition if you have a problem.

Not really a exciting story...been a fan of the motor. So I decided to swap it in. Taking my time (only started over a year ago).

Car was originally a 229 semi-odd fire v6 car. Played with that for a while, decided I was going to rebuild it and prep the motor for boost, so I yanked it out. My friend pulled a 267v8 out of his wagon, so I bought that and slapped it in with a cam and valvesprings along with a 4bbl to keep the car mobile. Well...I ended up slapping together a "backyard" turbo system for it with stuff I had laying around, fully expecting the rods to vacate the block within a month. Well after a year of abuse, it still never died. Sold the combo to a friend after I gathered a sc400 parts car along with an additional JDM engine and began the madness.

t...amp;oe=5ADE008B

t...amp;oe=5AE49C8F

t...amp;oe=5AE58BB8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back