MANN Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do MANN oil filters compare to other top tier oil filters, such as; FU, M1, WIX XP, BOSCH DP, etc.? They're made in Germany, and as we all know, the Germans make some high quality products.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Mann HU 719/5x

Mann HU 925/4x

I've never seen one of their canister filters open, but if it's made in Germany I imagine it's pretty solid.

^^^^THIS^^^^
I have a WIX XP in line for my next OCI. I think I will try a MANN after this OCI, and cut & post it.
thumbsup2.gif

Remember, not all Mann filters are German. Their product for my BMW, which was the factory installed item, was made in Mexico.

Also, Mann sells some serious junk that is produced at the Purolator factory in Fayetteville, NC. These are nothing more than relabeled Purolators with the same quality issues.

I like Mann-Hummel filters that are designed for European applications but I won't touch their Purolator garbage.

Swiss still make quality products. Germans mastered talking about the quality and coast on the reputation built in past.

Originally Posted By: Y_K
Swiss still make quality products. Germans mastered talking about the quality and coast on the reputation built in past.

Lies. MANN filters and Knipex pliers are world class.

At least the w712/80 is a great filter.
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4370096/Mann_w712/80._10,587km/6580mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back