Love my Toro Power Max 1028 Snow Thrower

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not think this Toro Power Max would do very good with the slop we got Sunday because it was 2-3 inches of pure slush with freezing rain, the kind of stuff that clogs everything, while I was using my new machine. It never clogged or even cared what it gobbled up. This blower just plan worked. I am still getting used to the power steering but am starting to really like it. Overall I am impressed and want to see how it does with more than a few inches, like an 8 to 10 incher. After Sunday's goo, I'm sure this blower will really shine. I can't wait to dump whatever oil is in now and fill it back up with some Mobil One 0-40, my favorite OPE oil.

Originally Posted By: dwendt44
Toro has been one of the highest rated snowblowers for years.

+1

Toro and Ariens have been the top manufacturers for quite a while now. I usually recommend either one to my customers, depending on their price point and feature needs. Other brands like Simplicity are good, but there are very few dealers. John Deere machines are also decent but expensive for what they are. Everything else seems to be a variation of the box store junk.

Those Toros will throw snow farther than any two stage thrower up to 10+ inches of snow. If you get much more, you might have to nibble away at it but it will still be very effective. I have been using a small Toro dingy since the mid 90's and I haven't had any trouble throwing snow in my area.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: fozzdesy2001
I did not think this Toro Power Max would do very good with the slop we got Sunday because it was 2-3 inches of pure slush with freezing rain, the kind of stuff that clogs everything, while I was using my new machine. It never clogged or even cared what it gobbled up. This blower just plan worked. I am still getting used to the power steering but am starting to really like it. Overall I am impressed and want to see how it does with more than a few inches, like an 8 to 10 incher. After Sunday's goo, I'm sure this blower will really shine. I can't wait to dump whatever oil is in now and fill it back up with some Mobil One 0-40, my favorite OPE oil.

I have a late model Toro 10 28 also. It is a snow eatin' hog!

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071

+1

Toro and Ariens have been the top manufacturers for quite a while now. I usually recommend either one to my customers, depending on their price point and feature needs. Other brands like Simplicity are good, but there are very few dealers. John Deere machines are also decent but expensive for what they are.

Everything? Like Honda?

Originally Posted By: user52165
Originally Posted By: jeepman3071

+1

Toro and Ariens have been the top manufacturers for quite a while now. I usually recommend either one to my customers, depending on their price point and feature needs. Other brands like Simplicity are good, but there are very few dealers. John Deere machines are also decent but expensive for what they are.

Everything? Like Honda?

I've worked on many Hondas. Their engines are excellent, the gear drive machines are okay, but the hydros are very expensive and problematic. The metal on their chutes and front ends aren't really any sturdier than the big box machines.

I'd say Honda makes the best engine, Ariens, Toro and Simplicity the best frames, and everything else is box store junk that is all made to the same specs. The box store machines are made by the same manufacturer with different paint and brand names, many even use all the same parts.

An indestructible snowblower would be an Ariens or Toro with a Honda GX engine. I've re-powered a few Ariens and Toros with Honda GX engines and they have been awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back