$150.00 Oil Change at Toyota Stealer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Well the only annoying thing about an MB oil change is that they have a plastic shield under the car so you have to undo those bolts first to get at the drain plug. And then the drain plug is sideways so oil gets all over the under body when it first comes out. Still rather do it myself and spend under $30 for the synthetic oil and fleece filter.

You're not extracting through the dipstick? Thought that's actually the recommended way.

While the oil is extracting, I do the filter. Very quick and virtually mess free.

I pay $70 or less at my Toyota dealer. Some are honest. Cheaper than the quick change franchises and they use Toyota genuine parts. Local Honda dealer charges $25 for synblend and a car wash and vacuum. Don't hate on all dealers.

I DIY my Toyota V6 for $25 in Parts and 45 minutes of my time. I know its done right and has Mobil1 AFE in it.

Originally Posted By: CharlieBauer
Well the only annoying thing about an MB oil change is that they have a plastic shield under the car so you have to undo those bolts first to get at the drain plug. And then the drain plug is sideways so oil gets all over the under body when it first comes out. Still rather do it myself and spend under $30 for the synthetic oil and fleece filter.

You're not extracting through the dipstick? Thought that's actually the recommended way.

While the oil is extracting, I do the filter. Very quick and virtually mess free.

That would increase the cost. Plus it's another item to store and clean. They're 10k oil changes which is just one or two oil changes a year. Don't see the value to it when I already have everything to do it the old fashioned way.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
I dropped it off in the morning, took their loaner to work, and picked it up after work.

Yeah, but did they charge you $20 for the whole thing?

$28 out the door. I couldn't do it myself for $28.

Originally Posted By: CharlieBauer

That would increase the cost. Plus it's another item to store and clean. They're 10k oil changes which is just one or two oil changes a year. Don't see the value to it when I already have everything to do it the old fashioned way.

Fair enough.

In my case, I also use it for ATF changes through the dipstick. The see through Mityvac lets me see exactly how much ATF comes out so I can put back exactly the same amount.

I've never cleaned mine but I do store it!

Logistically, a Mityvac saves me half an hour each time I use it for an oil change.

So in my case it's been worth having.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back