Purolator Tech #TO 14459 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening BITOG faithful. This filter and unknown oil was off friends 2016 Hyundai Sonata with the 2.4 4 4cylinfer engine. Looks alright I'd say. Put a tough guard 9688 and some QSUD/10W30 in and on. Enjoy the pics and car has 89,xxx miles on it and he does 60/40 highway to city driving.

I think about 5,200~ miles.

Originally Posted By: wemay
Looks good car51 (waves notwithstanding). Thanks again for the extra work.

Wemay, as always you are welcome
thumbsup2.gif
10.gif

Originally Posted By: zorobabel
Pleats were more even on other 14459's I've cut.
Thanks for cutting and posting!

You're welcome sir
smile.gif

I like your cut open filters more than mine-mine are too boring! Do you guys use the Puro Tech ones for your oil change specials? Can't say I've seen those here.

car51
Good job and thanks for the effort. Were there any tears in the media? The ADBV looks like the new design.

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
car51, thanx for the C&P.
Isn't that oil rather dirty for 5K miles?
21.gif

That's what i was thinking... maybe lots of shorts trips? It's just so "dark cloudy"

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
I like your cut open filters more than mine-mine are too boring! Do you guys use the Puro Tech ones for your oil change specials? Can't say I've seen those here.

At work we use Parts Plus filters and eco power motor oil

Originally Posted By: car51
Originally Posted By: bullwinkle

At work we use Parts Plus filters and eco power motor oil

I just purchased a few Parts Plus filters at RockAuto. Can I get 6K (synthetic oil) out of those filters car51? My GM engine is relatively clean at 114K. Was running the AC Delco prior.

Thank you friend.
I purchased them for their ultra-high flow rate and $2 price tag. I couldn't justify paying $12 for K&Ns, even though I could have ran the K&Ns for two 6K OCIs.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
I purchased them for their ultra-high flow rate and $2 price tag.

Where's the ultra high flow rate data found?

What basic, value-priced oil filter has a lower efficiency rating than the Premium Plus/Parts Plus?
What filter do you consider as the least efficient?...... I'll try it!
I'm switching from Fram Ultra and I want highest flow possible.
Why do I want highest flow possible? Just interested in trying the totally opposite of the Fram Ultra next.

I am interested to see if my mileage improves.
If my standing idle improves
if my standing idle oil pressure gauge-readings improves.
If my engine oil gets black sooner
If cold startup noise improves or gets worse
etc....etc....etc.

4 words ... "positive displacement oil pump". You won't see a flow difference in the filter used unless you can put your oil pump into relief mode. To do that, do a cold start-up and then instantly rev the engine to 6,000 RPM. Might be a fun experiment.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
4 words ... "positive displacement oil pump". You won't see a flow difference in the filter used unless you can put your oil pump into relief mode. To do that, do a cold start-up and then instantly rev the engine to 6,000 RPM. Might be a fun experiment.
grin.gif

True. In fact, if you think about it, a positive displacement pump delivers about the same mass flow rate into the engine, so the oil pressure in the engine won't change regardless of if you're using a 3-psi pressure drop oil filter, or a 5-psi pressure drop oil filter.
Your engine will just have to work a small amount harder to pump through a higher-R filter, thats all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back