How many of you use Rock Auto?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was browsing and they seem to have decent selection of parts. Never bought anything there. What's your thoughts?

Rock Auto is awesome! I order from them regularly
smile.gif

Very good place to buy parts. I've ordered many parts.

Once I broke a power steering hose. Rockauto had one in Ontario California and I ordered it on a Sunday Express shipping. Got it on Tuesday morning and I'm outside Toronto Canada.

Shipping was over $50 but the total price plus shipping was much less than I would pay buying the part locally.

Always make sure you use the 5% coupon when ordering.

Last edited:
I love the fact that if you need a part, you can choose an economy jobber part or a quality OEM part, or anything in between.

I bought ready struts from them and had to exchange them 3 times. Their customer service was great.

Originally Posted By: Kestas
I love the fact that if you need a part, you can choose an economy jobber part or a quality OEM part, or anything in between.

This is an excellent point. Some parts you don't want to cheap on. On the other hand filters and wiper blades are super cheap.

Originally Posted By: Kestas

This, and they don't seem to care if a TRW on clearance sells for $20 right next to a Moog for $100. Most other parts stores seem to want to constrain this sort of deal.

As others have said, the service and selection are outstanding. Generally prices are very competitive, but they are high on a few items, such as rebuilt master cylinders. The core charges and return shipping are a deal-breaker for me. Shipping is usually a problem for me, especially trying to order several different items, and they wind up having to be sourced from different locations. Check carefully to see if the price savings and lack of sales tax offsets the shipping. BTW, as an old parts man, I am impressed by the online catalog. There is a wealth of useful information. Cross references, application listings, etc.

If I want a lifetime guarantee, I go to AutoZone or Advance Auto Parts such as mufflers, or if I think I might want to bring it back.

I use them for some items like spark plugs , wires etc. I also shop amazon for the same. Items that are more expensive and could be warranty, i buy local.

I like them. Prices are good and parts are easy to find. There's always a 5% discount to be had. However I won't buy from them if it's a part that I'd like to have a local warranty for (like ball joints, sway bar links, CV axles, I like a local warranty).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back