Champion oil filter cos 7317

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well here she is. The Champion oil filter 7317 size. I really like the container it comes in. Very unique. The filter itself is very heavy like a Mobil 1 filter. Obvious it has a silicone ADBV. Louvers were opened very well and bigly. It is basically a Mobil 1 oil filter for $6.99 everyday price. Nygotha got information that it is 99% @ 20 micons. Nothing wrong with that as that's very good.

Now for the bad side of things... Only available in store purchase from Pep Boys. Which if you don't like them or if one isn't around then you can't find these anywhere else for an in store purchase. They are available online for purchase. A number of shops are "supposed" to be using them near me. Which is pretty cool.

Overall I am liking this filter quite a bit. I don't go to Pep Boys often at all... But I decided to take a trip to one in Petersburg yesterday. Hadn't been to that store at all. A little over a hour drive maybe. Well I took the scenic route so in all likelihood it would have been fifty minutes if I had gone the straight way there. The store was good. Had good selection of products in oil, wipers, chemicals, batteries etc... I would go there again. Beats driving the other way east to Newport News Pep Boys. Tons and tons of stop lights and traffic going that way.

Hope you guys have a good day today. And can stay dry given how the weather is east of the Mississippi.

Are the threads as messed up as they look in the 2nd pic? They don't look very 'sharp'.

Cute tortie, btw.
wink.gif

On my phone the pics look pretty good except the one. I have a very, very difficult time trying to take a decent picture with my phone. My illness makes exceptionally fine motor skills a real big challenge. And these new fangled phones are very sensitive to any and I mean any vibration or unsteadiness. Which I have. A lot. It makes it almost impossible for me to take pictures that are one hundred percent right on.

I'd say quite favorably. It is rather heavy, has very good capacity and efficiency. It would be right on par with a Wix regular filter or Napa Gold. A good buy at the price it is.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
On my phone the pics look pretty good except the one. I have a very, very difficult time trying to take a decent picture with my phone. My illness makes exceptionally fine motor skills a real big challenge. And these new fangled phones are very sensitive to any and I mean any vibration or unsteadiness. Which I have. A lot. It makes it almost impossible for me to take pictures that are one hundred percent right on.

I'll say you done doggone good there captain
smile.gif

Raining, light snow and 37 here Bradley. Looks like "the boss" is comfy
smile.gif

Add my name to the "cute kitty" column.

I guess the name of the game now is, "Avoid the current bad filter".

Glad you're happy with the purchase. It's ironic that one has to go to Pep Boys for something "good". PB is a toy store which happens to sell oil.
Are their tires ANY good al all? I'd assume not.

Cool and groovy packaging like this tube or Purolater's polygonal BOSS box is scary to me. Fluff for consumers, I say.

Best of luck

Thanks car51. I tried.

Yeah it's 42 here and looking like rain is coming.

The boss here is doing good. She's happy because some of our birds are back in town. Yesterday she was making a chirping sound watching the birds through the window. Funny how cats make that noise when they see a bird. I guess it is to try to get the bird to come closer to them so the attack is easier.

Tires... Not truly sure. I just got 4 Cooper Ultra Grand touring tires for my Altima 3.5 coupe from a independent shop. These tires are very, very good so far. About a 9.5/10 I'd say.

Yeah welloiled I'd like to see one cut open after a run too. I'd bet very good money these filters would hold up great. Just like the Mobil 1 filters usually do. We did have one "skunk" of a newer 20k mile Mobil 1 filter on here that was a brand new cut and post. But on average by a wide margin the Mobil 1 filters gave held up really well.

Well bmwtechguy it's made south of the border... Go figure. The bypass is at the far end I think.

Yeah Wemay that's my kitty CoCo. She is tough, loves roughhousing, loves hunting, and can be a very good lap cat.

She's happy, that's all that matters
smile.gif

Bbhero: called mom, she and stepdad are in Oahu HI and enjoying 2 weeks there and doing great

Originally Posted By: car51
She's happy, that's all that matters
smile.gif

Bbhero: called mom, she and stepdad are in Oahu HI and enjoying 2 weeks there and doing great

This X 100!

Thanks for all your c&p work here car51. Great news on your mom too!

For everyone who wants to see a used c&p, here's one from car51

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ub...PEN#Post4562241

As mentioned when I called their rep answered these are rated 99% efficiency @ 20 microns, and also rated for up to 8K miles use on conventional oil or up to 12K miles use on synthetic oil. Their web site does specify ISO 4548-12 test method. Overall a solid offering for a North American manufactured oil filter.

If I didn't have a good stash of primarily Frampion CQ Blue filters for around $4 each for my truck these would be my go-to filter. On top of the difficulty obtaining these (in my area these are a 4 day delay special order only, none on shelves), these never are included in either general Pep Boys discount codes (that start with MMJ) nor Champion products discount codes, at least in my area. The $6.99 everyday price, efficiency, and mileage rating makes it competitive with a TG from WM in my application but of course I'd appreciate an additional discount.

The last time I was at a Pep Boys in the Old Dominion was one located on West Broad Street in Richmond. There was also a store on Hull Street in South Richmond.

It's too bad the family ownership of the company was so bad in the 1980's and 1990's. There was far too much nepotism in that old Philadelphia based auto parts chain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back