New additive (and oils) from Liqui Moly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fascinating I wonder how that compares to CeraTec.

I can't find a way to purchase it in the USA though.

Originally Posted By: xnicke
As I don't think it has posted here before.

Discussed here: https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4638150/1 recently, and its a fully formulated synthetic oil being discussed.
Oddly, it seems hard to find the Molygen Oil Additive, while the Molygen 5w30 motor oil can be obtained from Amazon.com, Tuner Motorsports, or ECS Tuning online.
They use WS2 (tungsten disulfide) particles which are similar to MoS2 in anti-friction and anti-wear properties.

MoS2 or other moly compounds and other organic FM's probably work about as well as this WS2 stuff.

Problem with the Molygen motor oil is the lack of qualifications (SN GF-5 in 5w30 flavor, is all they have). Still, its a full-syn and probably OK for American, Korean, and Japanese engines most of the time.

Originally Posted By: tempnexus
Fascinating I wonder how that compares to CeraTec. I can't find a way to purchase it in the USA though.
You can get their motor oil Molygen in the U.S. See my post above. Ceratec is a moly+hex_boron product, and, yes, LiquiMoly dabbles in so many FM/AW additives its hard to decide
--- a. Do I need it? (usually not)
--- b. Which one do I get? Ceratec, LM MoS2, or Molygen WS2.
And then there is the alluring Polymeric Esters (Hy-Per Lube Zinc Replacement Additive) and LubeTech Biogard (I think moly and esters). Usually not needed if using a great name-brand fully formulated motor oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back