Avalanche 4wd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used my 4wd in last in december, i remember it was slow to engage. It will not engage now. the 4wd light just blinks. I checked cleaned and reinstalled the ground bolts behind the drivers front wheel well. That made no difference.

Do i need to replace the transfer case actuator motor? When i press the 4wd or 4wd low button, i don't hear anything change no sounds.

I know little about 4wd systems. The wiring connectors all look good.

Last edited:
I have an 03 suburban..mine did the same thing. I found a broken wire near the transfer case..

Could be your switch or motor. The motor on my 04 went a couple years ago. There's some good info on the forums at Chevyavalanchefanclub.com. It's apparently a common issue with this body style. I think the solder joints in the switch tend to fail but can be easily reflowed though.

Thanks! I saw some posts about what you mentioned. So i'm pulling the switch and i will try the re-flow of solder!

If you can get the driveshaft off, it's easier. I did mine without dropping it but it was a pain. Kind of tight quarters but do-able.

Originally Posted By: SkipsterPA
If you can get the driveshaft off, it's easier. I did mine without dropping it but it was a pain. Kind of tight quarters but do-able.

Thanks! I was planning on dropping it. But since you did it around it, i will try that first!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back