An article for us DI/GDI owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good read. I did not know coking up the intake and valves was happening at such low mileage.

Call me a skeptic, but...

A guy who runs an auto shop in a town of less than 2,000 is now an expert on the following:

Why auto manufacturers are migrating to smaller engines - The gubbermint.
Why Ford is better at GDI - They ran the EcoBoost V6 at Baja.
Why GM isn't good at GDI - They test their GDI engines at road courses, which has a lot of WOT and doesn't translate to the real world.
What causes LSPI - Fuel injection doesn't have an "accelerator pump" function and this causes bits of carbon to flake.

I don't like some of the generalizations that guy made, but I get his point. I do plan on using an intake valve cleaning product. It can work as a preventative, but not a cure for a trashed engine
I always avoid lugging my little Ecoboost engine, and I will stick to a 5,000 mile OCI on full synthetic. The PCV system seems adequate to me. I'll see what happens.

Originally Posted By: MrHorspwer
Call me a skeptic, but...

A guy who runs an auto shop in a town of less than 2,000 is now an expert on the following:

So, the town size is the differentiator of whether you are intelligent or dumb?

Wow. My EB F150 just turned 113k miles and seems to run just fine. I guess I better start saving some money to overhaul the top end. I wonder if KJSmith had to do anything to his high mileage F150s.....

My Mazdaspeed 3 was running great at 158k when I flipped it for the 2er; I never touched the intake or the intake valves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back